SUMMERVILLE, S.C., Nov. 11, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- BJ's Wholesale Club today announced a platinum level sponsorship of Summerville DREAM ahead of its new Club opening in the Summerville area.
"BJ's has a strong history of supporting the communities where we live and work," said Kirk Saville, senior vice president of corporate communications at BJ's Wholesale Club. "We're thrilled to be supporting Summerville DREAM and their mission to revitalize historic downtown Summerville."
"We're delighted to have BJ's Wholesale Club as a platinum sponsor," said Michael Lisle, executive director of Summerville DREAM. "Their support will allow us to continue working to improve the quality of life in Summerville through enhancement of our historic downtown. Partners such as BJ's help us preserve our past, promote our present and protect our future."
The BJ's Wholesale Club is scheduled to open in the Spring of 2017 and could save area shoppers more than $40 million a year, slashing families grocery bills by up to 25 percent.
"BJ's Wholesale stands for outstanding value, and families can save up to $500 off their annual grocery bills by shopping with us," said Saville. "We offer far more fresh produce, dairy, meat and deli items than other clubs at prices that are lower than grocery stores. With almost twice as many products as other clubs, we're the perfect one-stop shopping destination for everything from bananas to diapers to the latest electronics. We're committed to offering outstanding value and great quality to our community in South Carolina."
The BJ's Wholesale Club will be located at the intersection of Interstate 26 and North Main Street, Summerville's primary retail corridor. The Club will also feature a BJ's Gas® station, saving Members even more.
- BJ's offers the best value of any supermarket or club.
- BJ's everyday prices on the key items that families buy most often are significantly better value than supermarkets, saving families up to 25 percent or more.
- The company is the only major wholesale club that accepts manufacturers' coupons, offering families another great way to save.
- Its own brands, Berkley Jensen and Wellsley Farms, let families save without sacrificing quality or fun.
- BJ's biggest advantage is fresh food – produce, dairy, meat and deli.
- Members buy 65 percent more fresh food from BJ's than from other clubs.
- BJ's is the only major wholesale club to offer a full-service deli with premium meats and cheeses.
- Members are able to choose fresh meats cut to their specifications. BJ's butchers will recut and repackage at no charge.
- A BJ's Membership is filled with added convenience.
- BJ's offers the most payment options of any major wholesale club.
- Members are able to research, shop and install electronics with help from BJ's Tech Advisors.
- Its new Pick Up & Pay® program allows shoppers to stock up by reserving items online and then picking up in-club.
- Members can save time and money by filling up their tanks at BJ's. The company's gas prices are among the lowest around.
Based on the Bureau of Labor Statistics consumer surveys on household spending, the BJ's Wholesale Club could save area shoppers more than $40 million a year.
Shoppers can learn more about BJ's Wholesale Club by going to www.bjs.com
About BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
Headquartered in Westborough, Massachusetts, BJ's is the leading operator of membership warehouse clubs in the Eastern United States. The company currently operates 213 clubs and 130 BJ's Gas® locations 15 states.
BJ's provides great value in a one-stop shopping destination filled with top-quality, leading brands including its exclusive Wellsley Farms and Berkley Jensen brands along with USDA Choice meats, premium produce and delicious organics in many supermarket sizes. BJ's is also the only major wholesale club to accept all manufacturers' coupons and, for greater convenience, offers the most payment options.
BJ's is wholly owned by affiliates of Leonard Green & Partners, CVC Capital Partners and its management team.
SOURCE BJ's Wholesale Club