BURLINGTON, Mass., July 13, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Black Duck Software, the trusted partner for open source software adoption, management, and governance, today reported that Q2 was a record quarter for sales and the third largest sales quarter in the company's history, driven by a 62 percent growth in new subscriptions. Sales of small and medium-scale configurations grew 66 percent for the quarter, reflecting the broad appeal of the Black Duck® Suite in organizations of all sizes, including small- and mid-sized enterprises. Growth was particularly strong in the financial services, enterprise IT, automotive and in-vehicle infotainment sectors.
Selected first-half 2012 milestones include:
- The addition of 62 new customers to the company's base of over 1,000 organizations around the world. New customers include Atlassian, Ciena Corporation, Comptel Corporation and Hyundai Mobis, reflecting strong growth in mobile, automotive, data processing and analytics.
- Black Duck announced the availability of the Black Duck Code Quality Audit (CQA) Service, a scalable solution which quickly delivers a comprehensive code quality report and bill of materials for internal audits and mergers and acquisitions (M&A) requirements.
- Black Duck announced the release of Black Duck Suite 6.1, the market-leading open source software (OSS) management and governance platform. Suite 6.1 includes Express Scan, which speeds open source code discovery and delivers ease-of-use, scalability and code visibility to improve compliance and developer collaboration, and an enhanced Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) tool integration framework. Suite 6.1 can be deployed on premises or as Software-as-a-Service (SaaS).
"As a company completely dedicated to building open source products, we need an OSS management and governance solution that helps us easily and efficiently achieve complete visibility into and control of the code itself," said Matt Foley, Director of Engineering Infrastructure, Hortonworks. "The Black Duck Suite provides a great management and governance platform. It enables us to do timely and comprehensive IP reviews of the code, and ship our products with confidence -- and a trustworthy Bill of Materials."
Additional Black Duck accomplishments during the period included:
- The company was named to the SDTimes 100 for the fifth consecutive year. The list recognizes the industry's leaders, innovators and influencers in software development. Black Duck was honored in the QA & Security category.
- The Black Duck Code Sight™ source code search engine was integrated into Collabnet's TeamForge® offering, which integrates Git and Subversion™ source code management (SCM) tools into a single platform, enabling development teams to discover and reuse code across repository boundaries.
- Partnership development included the addition of new international partners, including Inno3 in France and ProFusion in Brazil.
- Black Duck Software and The Olliance Group, a division of Black Duck, in conjunction with global management consulting firm BearingPoint , announced the availability of the Governance Fast Start™ for GENIVI Members, a package designed to speed and reduce the cost of development for automotive manufacturers and Tier 1 suppliers building products based on GENIVI specifications. The GENIVI™ Alliance is a non-profit automotive and consumer electronics industry association driving collaboration among vehicle manufacturers and suppliers to build OSS infrastructure for in-vehicle infotainment (IVI) systems.
- Hiring 37 new employees. Black Duck plans to hire over 60 employees in total during 2012, reflecting the sustained and sizable growth the company has enjoyed since 2008.
"Despite the turbulent global economic climate, the first half of 2012 validates the broad appeal and utility of Black Duck solutions and services in enabling companies from start-ups to the Global 2000, to leverage OSS in their development efforts," said Tim Yeaton, Black Duck Software President and CEO. "Strategic use and governance of OSS are now best practices in a broad range of market segments. Black Duck's strong and consistent growth mirrors the rapid adoption of OSS among developers and within companies, and we look forward to continuing to facilitate the growth in adoption and enablement of open source in organization's software development strategies."
About Black Duck
Offering award-winning software and consulting, Black Duck is the partner of choice for open source software adoption, governance and management. Enterprises of every size depend on Black Duck to harness the power of open source technologies and methods. As part of the greater OSS community, Black Duck connects developers to comprehensive OSS resources through Ohloh.net, and to the latest commentary from industry experts through the Open Source Delivers blog. Black Duck also hosts the Open Source Think Tank, an international event where thought leaders collaborate on the future of open source. Black Duck is headquartered near Boston and has offices in San Mateo, St. Louis, London, Paris, Frankfurt, Hong Kong, Tokyo, Seoul and Beijing. For more information about how to leverage open source to deliver faster innovation, greater creativity and improved efficiency, visit www.blackducksoftware.com and follow us at @black_duck_sw.
SOURCE Black Duck