SAN FRANCISCO, June 12, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Blackfire Research Corp., the wireless Smart Home Entertainment company, today announced the availability of Blackfire RED, a Real-time Entertainment Distribution framework. Blackfire RED is the industry's only wireless and entertainment-centric infrastructure software framework built from the ground up to both overcome the limitations of Wi-Fi when used for media applications, and meet the needs of wireless entertainment-related consumer applications and products. It is not enough to just have Wi-Fi connectivity between consumer products. Real-time exchanges of entertainment content require a common framework that can work reliably over Wi-Fi and has a rich set of features for a broad spectrum of entertainment products. This is what Blackfire RED offers, making it an essential component to truly enable smarter Home Entertainment. Blackfire RED rescues consumers from "islands" of incompatible media devices, and finally allows Smart Home owners to enjoy all of their digital content wirelessly, synchronously and seamlessly throughout the home, including high-quality 5.1 audio and 4K video on multiple devices over standard Wi-Fi.
"The Smart Home industry is due for a shake-up," said Adam Wright, Senior Research Analyst, Consumer IoT, IDC. "While the initial IoT concept has evolved into the Connected Home, we still see that Home Entertainment is lagging behind due to unreliable connectivity and lack of interoperability, among other issues. The Smart Home industry has been in need of a solution that has the ability to link all of these excellent, yet disparate, smart devices. Reliable, real-time connectivity between devices and the ability to work together seamlessly is essential for the Smart Home ecosystem to move past this innovation plateau."
Top global audio brands, including Harman Kardon, Onkyo, Pioneer, and Integra have already licensed the Blackfire RED framework and are currently shipping products that leverage its capabilities. The Blackfire RED framework is comprised of:
- A Software Engine; a small lightweight piece of software, embedded in consumer electronic products, and is network, chipset and operating system agnostic, making integration easy.
- A Communication Protocol, that allows Blackfire RED enabled products to talk to each other, over a standard network stack. This was designed and tailored specifically to overcome the limitations of traditional Wi-Fi by working around the effects of interference and ensuring a reliable, high-speed connection.
- A Programming Interface that allows easy real time distribution and handling of entertainment content from and to the products.
"Today's Smart Homes, while certainly more intelligent than a decade ago, have left consumers stranded," said Ravi Rajapakse, founder and CEO, Blackfire Research Corp. "Smart technology has created entertainment islands, but I wanted my entertainment to be accessible anywhere in my home without compromising on performance or quality, which is what led me to create Blackfire RED. I wanted to see the Smart Home Entertainment promise through to fruition and for people to finally have the wireless entertainment experience for both audio and video that they have long deserved."
Blackfire RED features and capabilities include:
- Reliable multi-room, multi-channel, low latency wireless audio and video over Wi-Fi;
- Advanced multi-source media pipeline handling for services such as Google Chromecast Audio and Spotify Connect;
- Native integration into Smart TVs, enabling the TV itself to decode and send multi-channel audio to wireless speakers;
- Wireless 4K video for transmitting audio and video from a Smart Set Top Box simultaneously to multiple TVs and speakers throughout the home;
- Voice AI integration into multi-room, enabling a whole-home voice-control system.
- Easy integration into all smart devices.
Blackfire Research is making the Smart Home smarter, bridging the islands of entertainment in the home and disrupting the $50B Smart Home Entertainment market with its Blackfire RED, wireless real-time entertainment distribution framework. Based in in San Francisco, California, Blackfire has perfected the industry's only high-performance wireless software framework that is reliable, fast, and flexible, enabling Smart Homeowners to play all of their audio and video content synchronously and seamlessly throughout the home. Today, leading global audio brands rely on the company's solutions for real-time wireless media distribution and consumers have now come to recognize the Blackfire logo as a symbol of quality. For more information, please visit: www.bfrx.com.
McGrath/Power Public Relations and Communications
+1 (408) 727-0351
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/blackfire-research-introduces-blackfire-red-a-new-wireless-real-time-entertainment-distribution-framework-rescuing-consumers-from-entertainment-islands-in-the-home-300471522.html
SOURCE Blackfire Research Corp.