LOS ANGELES, Oct. 31, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- BlogWorld & New Media Expo, the world's largest new media and social media event, has announced an all-star line up of keynote speakers that include new media moguls, world-class journalists, Fortune 100 executives and Hollywood's web video leaders. BlogWorld makes its Los Angeles debut at the Los Angeles Convention Center, November 3-5.
Thursday, November 3, 11:15 AM - Rules for Surviving in the New World: It is not about Social Media
- Peter Shankman, Blogger, Author and Founder of HARO - Shankman is recognized worldwide for presenting radical new ways of thinking about Social Media, PR, marketing, advertising and customer service. He is best known for founding Help A Reporter Out, (HARO), which in under a year became the de-facto standard for thousands of journalists looking for sources on deadline, offering them more than 200,000 sources around the world. HARO is currently the largest free source repository in the world, sending out over 1,500 queries from worldwide media each week. In June of 2010, less than two years after Shankman started HARO in his apartment, it was acquired by Vocus, Inc. Shankman is now Vice President and Small Business Evangelist for Vocus.
Thursday, November 3 at 5:15 PM - We Are Wayfarers: Owning The Seas of Change - The social web is our generation's new frontier, and we are the change makers. We are the missing link between business as we know it today, and the world as we envision it tomorrow. This gritty and inspiring session talks about why we resist change, what true Wayfarers are really made of, and why curiosity is the fuel that will drive our future success.
- Amber Naslund, VP Social Strategy for Radian6 – Naslund is a business strategist, change steward and the VP Social Strategy for Radian6, the leading social media monitoring and engagement platform. She is also the co-author of the best-selling business book, The NOW Revolution, which discusses the impact that social media has on how businesses work today and the shifts that organizations need to make to stay nimble and relevant. Her Brass Tack Thinking blog has been recognized for excellence in social media and community related content by the likes of Forbes, Social Media Examiner, and Post Rank.
Friday, November 4 at 11:15 AM - Technorati State of the Blogosphere Address Technorati Media CEO, Shani Higgins, will unveil the findings of Technorati's annual "State of the Blogosphere and New Media" study, live and exclusively at BlogWorld followed by an in-depth analysis and question and answer session about the findings. The Blogosphere's most anticipated industry study will be shared in front of the largest gathering of bloggers and new media content creators in the world.
- Shani Higgins, CEO of Technorati – Higgins joined Technorati in 2007 to lead strategy and day-to-day operations for the company's advertising sales, business development and the Technorati Media advertising network. Under her leadership, Technorati Media's network was launched in June of 2008 and has since become the largest social media advertising network, with more than 3,000 sites and a US reach of 183 million. Higgins was a driving force behind the Technorati Media acquisition of SV Moms in 2010 and BlogCritics in 2008, and directed the development of the Technorati Media Exchange-the first private exchange for brand-safe independent and socially engaging publishers, launched in April 2011.
- Mikal E. Belicove, Contributing Writer & Blogger at Entrepreneur Magazine, and business strategist – Belicove is a contributing writer and blogger at Entrepreneur Magazine, and a business strategist specializing in market analysis, messaging and positioning, and content marketing for a select group of high profile businesses and individuals. Previously, Belicove managed and sold a Boulder, Colo.-based Internet start-up; worked in Acquisitions for Alpha Books/Pearson plc (NYSE: PSO) and John Wiley & Sons, Inc. (NYSE: JW.A); and worked in a variety of staff and executive team roles for start-ups and not-for-profit organizations. His latest book, The Complete Idiot's Guide to Facebook, 2nd Edition, was co-authored with Joe Kraynak.
- Mitch Joel, President of Twist Image, author/blogger of Six Pixels of Separation and The Twist Image Blog & Podcast - Marketing Magazine dubbed Joel the "Rock Star of Digital Marketing" and called him, "one of North America's leading digital visionaries." In 2006 he was named one of the most influential authorities on Blog Marketing in the world. In 2008, Mitch was named Canada's Most Influential Male in Social Media, one of the top 100 online marketers in the world, and was awarded the highly prestigious Canada's Top 40 Under 40. Most recently, Mitch was named one of iMedia's 25 Internet Marketing Leaders and Innovators in the world.
Friday, November 4 at 5:30 PM - Putting Your Brand in the Hands of Your Customers - Ford's Jim Farley will talk about how Ford is adopting more authentic and progressive approaches to marketing by literally putting its brand in the hands of customers through the use of digital and social media experiences.
- Jim Farley, group vice president of global marketing, sales and service for Ford Motor Company – Farley, who reports directly to Alan Mulally, Ford's president and chief executive officer, is leading Ford's drive to connect even more closely with customers through integrated global marketing, advertising, digital communications, brand development and research plus working in close alignment with Ford's global product development team on future models. He also leads the company's global sales and service operations – the first time Ford has had a single global leader for marketing, sales and service.
Saturday, November 5 at 9 AM - Building a New Media Empire - CEOs from Federated Media, Social Media Examiner and BlogHer give a behind-the-scenes perspective about the strategies each company employed to achieve its success in the new media industry. Moderated by Mitch Joel.
- Deanna Brown, CEO of Federated Media Publishing - Deanna Brown is the CEO of Federated Media, the largest network of digital content that creates conversational marketing programs for brands and powers the best of the Independent Web. Prior to joining FM she served as President at Scripps Networks Digital and before that she co-founded CondeNet, the digital division of publisher CondeNast. She has also held VP and General Manager titles at Yahoo and AOL, and founded other successful media companies including Powerful Media/Inside.com and Gaming Industry News.
- Michael Stelzner, CEO and founder of Social Media Examiner - Michael Stelzner is CEO and founder of Social Media Examiner. He has defied gravity to become a self-made millionaire during the Great Recession. In 2009 he launched Social Media Examiner, a free online magazine designed to help entrepreneurs and marketers use social media to generate more business. Within months, Technorati ranked Social Media Examiner as the world's #1 Small Business Blog. Today (less than two years later), Social Media Examiner has more than 107,000 subscribers. His newest book is called Launch: How to Quickly Propel Your Business Beyond the Competition.
- Lisa Stone, CEO and co-founder of BlogHer - Lisa Stone is the co-founder and CEO of BlogHer, which reaches more than 26 million women each month (Nielsen Site Census, August 2011) and is one of the top 5 women's networks online (comScore). She works across the company on digital and social media strategies that partner Fortune 500 brands with a new wave of content creators. After leaving traditional journalism (Oakland Tribune, CNN), Stone became the executive producer and VP of Programming for Women.com, and was the first Internet journalist awarded a Nieman Fellowship from Harvard University in 2002.
- Moderated by Mitch Joel, President of Twist Image, Author/Blogger of Six Pixels of Separation and The Twist Image Blog and Podcast.
Saturday, November 5 at 5 p.m. PDT - Closing Keynote Talk Show: New Media LIVE! - BlogWorld concludes with a tradition and humorous fan favorite, in the format of a late-night entertainment-focused talk show panel sharing the stories and secrets to success as told by leaders in Web Video, YouTube, WebTV and Video Podcasting. This edition features Jace Hall, Kevin Pollak, iJustine and Tim Street. Their anecdotes and perspectives on the trends and state of the industry are sure to be irreverent, humorous, entertaining, insightful and edgy.
- Jace Hall, President and founder of HDFILMS INC. - Jace Hall is president and founder of HDFILMS INC., a production company primarily focused on creating premium online content as well as film, television, and video games. HDFILMS maintains numerous direct distribution relationships with top destinations such as Hulu, IGN, Xbox Live, Sony's Crackle, and LA METRO via Transit TV. Hall is currently the executive producer of one of Hulu's top rated original online daily shows called The Morning After. Furthering his online success, Jace has become prominently known for the originality and antics of The Jace Hall Show - one of the most popular and longest running original online series dedicated to the gamer/youth culture lifestyle.
- Kevin Pollak, Actor, Writer, Producer and Director of Power Nap Productions - Pollak has captured the attention of audiences worldwide with his range of both dramatic and comedic roles. He has appeared in over sixty films, as well as countless television projects, and has established himself as one of the few stand-up comedians to have a successful dramatic film career. In addition to his acting talents, he has also proven himself as a writer, producer and recently a director and a talk show host.
- Justine Ezarik (a.k.a. iJustine) – iJustine is an Internet personality, actress, life-caster, vlogger, designer and popular YouTube content creator. She is the second most subscribed female comedienne/personality on YouTube with almost 2.5 million subscribers, over 1.3 million Twitter followers and has over 300 million views on her videos. In the same month she was named one of the Hollywood Reporters 50 most powerful digital players as well as one of Maxim Magazine's Hot 100. She has worked with brands from Mattell, Ford, GE, Intel, Nikon, and Carls Jr. and been featured in numerous magazine and publications from The Chicago Tribune to Fast Company and Maxim and made numerous guest star appearances on shows ranging from Law and Order to Criminal Minds. iJustine is often referred to as the most popular female personality online.
- Tim Street, Vice President Mobile Video, mDialog - Topping Mashable's list of Social Media VIPs in Los Angeles Tim Street is a writer, producer, director, editor, a new media consultant and web video branded entertainment pioneer. He is also the creator/executive producer of the popular Branded Entertainment Viral Video series French Maid TV. Street is one of the few individuals that have been successful in getting views both in new media/podcasting and traditional television. As one of the industry's most successful viral video producers, his online videos total over 50 million downloads. Street was inducted into the International Academy of Web Television in 2009 and can be heard as the co-host of the This Week in Media podcast. He blogs about web and mobile video at 1TimStreet.com.
- Jordan Cooper, Co-founder of Underground Comedy College - A professional stand-up comedian for 15 years, Jordan Cooper has toured at comedy clubs and colleges across the country. As the co-founder of the Underground Comedy College he teaches classes in stand-up, improv and sketch comedy writing to aspiring creative performers. Jordan currently earns income running several niche websites, producing online multimedia and provides web design & content marketing consulting to small businesses.
BlogWorld & New Media Expo 2011 in Los Angeles is sponsored by premium brands such as: Ford Motor Company, Southwest Airlines, .ME, Verisign/.tv, Heineken, Century 21 Real Estate LLC, Technorati, Blogger, WordPress.com, Vanilla Forums, U4RIK Vodka, Viddy, Stickam, Johnson & Johnson, NewTek, and more. Featured speaker interviews and news reports from the Expo will be presented by WeVideo, TechZulu and WebProNews, to name a few.
About BlogWorld & New Media Expo
BlogWorld & New Media Expo is the first and only industry-wide tradeshow, conference and media event dedicated to promoting the dynamic industry of new media. Thousands of attendees learn about Content Creation, Distribution, Monetization and Social Media Marketing strategies, including step-by-step techniques and leading-edge tools from the most successful and influential Bloggers, Podcasters, Vloggers, Web TV & Radio Broadcasters, Social Influencers, New Media Pros and Online Journalists.
Katalyst Public Relations
SOURCE BlogWorld & New Media Expo