ARLINGTON, Va., July 8, 2015 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Bloomberg BNA today announced it will host "Wi-Fi First: Spectrum Realities," a breakfast panel on Wednesday, July 22 from 8:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. at the Washington, D.C. offices of Bloomberg Government. The event will address the practical questions of working reliably in unlicensed spectrum as well as the regulatory challenges the FCC faces regarding the Wi-Fi First model for mobile services.
Registration is available here. Attendees can earn up to 1.5 CLE credits.
"Wi-Fi First is a potential game-changing business model that could pose a serious threat to traditional mobile wireless services," said Mike MacKay, Vice President, Cross Platform Businesses, Bloomberg BNA. "We are excited to have such an esteemed panel of telecommunications experts – representing opposing sides of the issue — on hand to discuss the regulatory issues surrounding this nascent technology."
Featured speakers include:
- Greg Ennis, Vice President of Technology, Wi-Fi Alliance
- Steven K. Berry, President & CEO, Competitive Carriers Association
- Dave Wright, Advanced Technologist, Ruckus Wireless
The event will provide answers to questions including:
- How are Wi-Fi First service providers adapting to new concerns and changes?
- What will the future look like for Wi-Fi First and how will potentially adversarial technologies operate together?
- Will differing technologies learn to co-exist, and does the FCC have a role in making this happen?
- What lessons will the FCC bring to bear as it creates a framework for regulating the unlicensed spectrum?
To register for this event, click here.
About Bloomberg BNA
Bloomberg BNA, a wholly owned subsidiary of Bloomberg, is a leading source of legal, regulatory, and business information for professionals. Its network of more than 2,500 reporters, correspondents, and leading practitioners delivers expert analysis, news, practice tools, and guidance — the information that matters most to professionals. Bloomberg BNA's authoritative coverage spans a full range of legal practice areas, including tax & accounting, labor & employment, intellectual property, banking & securities, employee benefits, health care, privacy & data security, human resources, and environment, health & safety.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/bloomberg-bna-hosting-july-22-breakfast-panel-exploring-the-future-of-wi-fi-first-300110465.html
SOURCE Bloomberg BNA