NEW YORK, Oct. 18, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Bloomberg today announced the fourth annual "The Year Ahead: 2017" Summit, an intimate gathering of today's most powerful business and policy leaders from around the world on October 24th-25th at the Park Hyatt New York. Providing forward-looking insight on the industries, companies, products, people and trends poised to emerge over the course of next year, "The Year Ahead: 2017" is designed to help global business executives get ahead of the challenges their businesses will face in the months to come. Speakers include Seth Meyers, Emmy Award-winning writer and current host of "Late Night with Seth Meyers," White House Senior Adviser Valerie Jarrett, U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Samantha Power, New America President and CEO Anne-Marie Slaughter, Morgan Stanley CEO James Gorman, investment guru Paul Tudor Jones, Aetna Chairman and CEO Mark Bertolini, Bank of America Vice Chairman Anne Finucane and more.
The Summit is produced by Bloomberg Live, the company's global events business, and is part of the "The Year Ahead" franchise which leverages Bloomberg's deep knowledge of business, finance, politics and data across its multiple media platforms. In addition to the Summit, "The Year Ahead" includes a special issue of Bloomberg Businessweek, immersive digital content and special programming on Bloomberg TV and Bloomberg Radio.
"The Year Ahead: 2017," hosted by Bloomberg Editor-in-Chief John Micklethwait, opens on Monday, October 24th with a dinner at Guastavino's featuring a welcome from Bloomberg Media CEO Justin B. Smith. Micklethwait will conduct an in-depth interview with Dow Chemical Chairman and CEO Andrew Liveris, followed by a discussion with Seth Meyers led by Terre Blair, host of Bloomberg's television and video series, "Big Problems. Big Thinkers." The Summit continues on Tuesday, October 25th at the Park Hyatt New York, with more than 30 corporate and policy leaders who will explore how power shifts in global politics will affect free trade and financial markets, industry-moving achievements in machine learning, the biggest investment opportunities for 2017 and how organizations are working to increase diversity, solve the skills gap and decrease the wage gap.
"As our flagship global leadership conference, The Year Ahead arms delegates with exclusive insights and proprietary learnings to accelerate their businesses in 2017," said Mark Miller, editor of Bloomberg Live. "We're convening a wide range of thought leaders from different backgrounds and disciplines who will speak to the most pressing issues facing executives today, such as the global economic climate, geopolitics, cybersecurity, the U.S. election and the future of work."
"The sold-out audience represents a diverse mix of global business professionals, including CEOs and C-level executives from international companies, government officials from around the world, along with academic and non-profit leaders," said Stacy Kennedy, General Manager of Bloomberg Live.
Bloomberg Businessweek's "The Year Ahead: 2017," a special issue on newsstands October 21st, is the ultimate guide to the companies, economies, products, and innovators that will matter in 2017. The issue is divided into five sections covering economics, technology, politics, energy, and retail, as well as a list of the 50 companies to watch next year, which is comprised of both household names and lesser-known up-and-comers who either face unusual challenges in the coming year or are poised to release products or services with blockbuster potential. The in-depth stories, charts, lists, illustrations, and analyses make "The Year Ahead: 2017" a must-read for all executives.
Available on Bloomberg.com on October 20th, Bloomberg's Businessweek's list of the 50 companies to watch in 2017 will be the centerpiece of the special "The Year Ahead" digital package. Readers will be able to examine each company in detail through consistent data points, and charts. The 50 companies are spread across multiple categories, from mining and tech to biotech and finance. The fully responsive, clean design works across mobile, tablet, and desktop.
In addition, Bloomberg Television and Bloomberg Radio will broadcast live on-site at the October 25th Summit, conducting original interviews with select newsmakers separate from the main program.
Presenting sponsors of "The Year Ahead: 2017" include Huawei, State Street Global Advisors and CECP. Park Hyatt New York is the official hotel partner.
To learn more about Bloomberg's "The Year Ahead"— including the speakers, agenda, and partners — and to request an invitation, please visit www.bloomberglive.com/the-year-ahead/. Follow the conversation on @BloombergLIVE and #tya2017.
Full list of October 25th Summit speakers:
- Ann Barron-DiCamillo, Chief Technology Officer, Strategic Cyber Ventures
- Mark Bertolini, Chairman and CEO, Aetna
- Michael R. Bloomberg, Founder, Bloomberg LP and Bloomberg Philanthropies, Three-term Mayor of New York City
- Beth Brooke-Marciniak, Global Vice Chair, Public Policy, EY
- Sukhinder Singh Cassidy, Founder, theBoardlist
- Michael Chertoff, Co-Founder and Executive Chairman, The Chertoff Group
- Mattie Duppler, Coalitions Director, House Republican Conference
- Mohamed El-Erian, Chief Economic Advisor, Allianz
- John Engler, President, Business Roundtable
- Zack Exley, Brand New Congress
- Roger Ferguson, CEO and President, TIAA
- Anne Finucane, Vice Chairman, Bank of America
- Beth Ford, Group Executive Vice President, Chief Operating Officer, Land O'Lakes, Inc.
- James Gorman, Chairman and CEO, Morgan Stanley
- Mary Kay Henry, International President, Service Employees International Union (SEIU)
- Felix Holst, Co-Founder and Chief Product Officer, Hackrod
- Andrea Illy, Chairman, illycaffe S.p.A.
- Valerie Jarrett, White House Senior Adviser
- Paul Tudor Jones, Co-Chairman and Chief Investment Officer, Tudor Investment Corporation
- Eugenia Kuyda, Co-Founder and CEO, Luka
- Andrew Liveris, Chairman and CEO, The Dow Chemical Company
- Sheila Lirio Marcelo, Founder, Chairwoman and CEO, Care.com
- Mouse McCoy, Co-Founder, CEO and Creative Director, Hackrod
- Seth Meyers, Emmy Award-winning writer and current host of "Late Night with Seth Meyers"
- Maryam Mujica, Head of Public Policy, New York, Twitter
- Samantha Power, U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations
- Anne-Marie Slaughter, President and CEO, New America
- Ralph de la Torre, Founder, Chairman and CEO, Steward Health Care System
- Tony West, Executive Vice President, Government Affairs, General Counsel and Corporate Secretary, PepsiCo
Bloomberg, the global business and financial information and news leader, gives influential decision makers a critical edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas. The company's strength – delivering data, news and analytics through innovative technology, quickly and accurately – is at the core of the Bloomberg Professional service, which provides real time financial information to approximately 325,000 subscribers globally. For more information, visit www.bloomberg.com or request a demo.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/bloombergs-the-year-ahead-2017-summit-headlined-by-valerie-jarrett-seth-meyers-samantha-power-anne-marie-slaughter-james-gorman-mark-bertolini-paul-tudor-jones-and-more-300346823.html