MIAMI, April 29, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- BLU Products, one of the fastest growing mobile phone manufacturers in the world announced today an addition to their popular STUDIO series of Android smartphone devices with the BLU Studio 5.0 LTE. BLU's entry into the 4G LTE smartphone market features a vivid 5.0-inch screen with IPS technology and blazing fast Qualcomm Snapdragon™ 400 Quad Core 1.4 GHz processor, capable of 4G LTE speeds up to 150MBps.
The launch of the BLU Studio 5.0 LTE addresses the growth in 4G network availability and the increasing demand for affordable mobile technology in the United States, by supporting the movement towards no contract LTE plans.
"BLU is a champion of the Bring Your Own Device Movement in the USA, by helping dealers and consumers source quality devices for activations, which otherwise they would have had a very difficult time doing," said Samuel Ohev-Zion, CEO of BLU Products. "Furthermore we are dedicated towards launching a wide range of 4G LTE enabled devices throughout the year, because of the increase in demand for LTE devices for prepaid and no contract carrier plans."
In addition to its Qualcomm Snapdragon™ 400 Quad Core 1.4 GHz processor, the Studio 5.0 LTE features a gorgeous minimalistic design of just 9mm, with a 5.0-inch IPS display of 220ppi, 1GB RAM, Expandable microSD slot up to 64GB, 8.0 autofocus camera with LED flash, HD recording at [email protected], and front facing 1.6MP camera, running on Android v4.2.
Available unlocked for $249.00 in either ceramic white, neon yellow, glimmer pink or fashion orange, the Studio 5.0 LTE will run on 4G HSPA+ and 4G LTE exclusively on the T-Mobile/MetroPCS network in the USA, along with any partner-MVNO's who have access to T-Mobile's LTE network. Shipping at the end of May, the Studio 5.0 LTE will be available unlocked online through Amazon, Best Buy, and Walmart, along with thousands of Dealer stores throughout the U.S.
Full Specifications Include:
- Network: (GSM/GPRS/EDGE) 850/900/1800/1900 MHz, (4G HSPA+ 42Mbps) 850/1700/1900/2100, (4G LTE) 1700/2600
- Display: IPS 5.0-inch 540 x 960 qHD with Capacitive Touchscreen
- Processor: Qualcomm 8926 Snapdragon 400, 1.4 GHz Quad-Core with Adreno 305 graphics GPU
- OS: Android 4.2.2 Jellybean upgradable to 4.3 Kit Kat
- Camera: Rear – 8.0 megapixel, autofocus with LED Flash, (1.4µm pixel size, 1/3.2 inch sensor, 4.4mm aperture), HD [email protected] video recording Front – 1.6 megapixel
- Connectivity: WiFi a/b/g/n/ac, GPS, Bluetooth v4.0, Hotspot, micro-USB, FM Radio
- Memory: 1GB RAM, 4GB internal memory + microSD slot expandable up to 64GB
- Dimensions: 145.9 x 72.5 x 9 mm
- Battery: Li-Ion 2000mAh
- Colors: Neon-Yellow, Fashion-Orange, Glimmer-Pink, Ceramic-White
About BLU Products
BLU Products, founded in 2009, designs and manufacturers affordable, attractive and innovative mobile devices to suit a wide variety of consumer needs. Headquartered in Miami, Florida, BLU is pioneering the advancement of the prepaid and no-contract revolution by providing a vast portfolio of advanced unlocked mobile phones to thousands of dealer agents, MVNO's, and large retailers throughout the United States and Latin America. For more information, visit: www.bluproducts.com
BLU Products Contact:
Carmen Gonzalez, Channel Marketing Manager, USA
Photo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20140429/81554
Photo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20140429/81553
Photo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20140429/81552
Photo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20140429/81551
Photo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20140429/81550
SOURCE BLU Products