TORONTO, June 28, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- As organizations embrace the Agile development model, user stories can suffer in quality and even be overlooked. Blueprint announced today the launch of Storyteller, a robust Agile requirements tool that helps disparate stakeholders auto-generate consistent, high-quality user stories and acceptance criteria, align business and IT interests, and enhance collaboration across the enterprise.
A recent independent study revealed that up to 96 percent of application development professionals blame missed or misunderstood requirements for project delays and costly rework. Storyteller automatically gathers requirements from all stakeholders to auto-generate user stories.
Storyteller diminishes time and effort expended, reduces rework and resolves communication gaps to accelerate application delivery time.
- Faster process: Speeds up delivery by auto-generating a complete set of high-quality, well formatted and consistent user stories, acceptance criteria and tests. Storyteller syncs seamlessly with any Agile task management tool, delivers acceptance criteria in an intuitive "Given-When-Then" format and eliminates the need to train users on how to write good stories.
- Easy sharing and collaboration: Improves collaboration and communication from a broad range of users, of any skill level, across the enterprise. The solution provides a simple, visual way for users to share their stories, while allowing other stakeholders to add their thoughts and comments.
- Built-in alignment: Improves business and IT alignment through visualization and traceability. Storyteller connects stories from the highest-level business processes and requirements through to how individual users interact with the application.
Storyteller key features include:
- Auto-generation of user stories and acceptance criteria
User stories are often incomplete, ambiguous and poorly constructed. In some cases, user stories are missing altogether or lack acceptance criteria. Storyteller ensures, no matter the technological expertise of the user, that stories are standardized and well written.
- Detailed traceability and change impact visualization
Especially for organizations that are constrained by regulations and standards, it is critically important that user stories can be traced in detail and that the impact of change can be anticipated. Storyteller provides this capability.
- Inline artifacts discussions
For large organizations, with dispersed teams and very complex projects, collaboration is fundamental. Storyteller's inline artifacts discussions allows cross-departmental teams to communicate, and these conversations are then preserved for search.
To celebrate the release of Storyteller, Blueprint will host a launch party at the Manhattan Classic Car Club in New York City on July 14 at 6:00 p.m. Registration to attend the free event is available at http://hub.blueprintsys.com/storyteller-launch/.
Dan Shimmerman, chief executive officer, Blueprint, said: "Poor-quality user stories are epidemic in enterprise organizations and can lead to missed deadlines, overrun budgets and the delivery of applications that don't reflect business interests. We created Storyteller to fix these issues. Storyteller provides a visual platform to drive the success of mission-critical IT projects, and we're excited to be the first to bring this much-needed tool to market."
Blueprint provides industry-leading software solutions that help large organizations build better business applications. Our products - Blueprint, Storyteller and Blueprint Enterprise - resolve many of the time-consuming, costly, and error-prone functions that challenge IT organizations, thus ensuring that mission critical projects are completed successfully, on time and on budget. Organizations across the globe use Blueprint solutions to ensure regulatory compliance, speed transition to Agile, better align business and IT. Nearly half of all Fortune 100 companies choose Blueprint to de-risk and accelerate their software projects. For more information, please visit http://www.blueprintsys.com/.
Nadel Phelan, Inc.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/blueprint-launches-industry-first-storyteller-to-accelerate-agile-delivery-with-auto-generated-user-stories-300291023.html