BOSTON, April 23, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Abine, the online privacy company, today announced its flagship Blur solution for protecting consumers passwords, payments, and privacy is available in Apple's App Store and takes advantage of new Apple features including Touch ID, extensions, and push notifications to send text alerts for spending similar to Apple Pay. iPhone and iPad owners can now choose what personal info to share online wherever they shop, register, or surf.
Based on a new survey conducted with over 1,000 consumers there is strong demand for having passwords and payments data accessible from mobile devices – including the new Apple Watch, which Blur will support in an upcoming release. Among the survey's findings:
- 62% of consumers use their mobile browser as much or more than mobile Apps
- 63% re-use a common password to login to their mobile Apps today
- 81% would find a password manager to be a useful or very useful Apple Watch App
- For the Apple Watch, consumers cited the convenience of always having it on their wrist to look up passwords to login on their iPhone or iPad
- Drawbacks mentioned included watches being easily stolen and the small screen size
- More survey results: [email protected]
The new Blur iOS 8 App features include:
- Private phone #'s, virtual (masked) credit cards, and disposable email addresses
- Automatic sync of logins and passwords with Safari and other iOS devices
- Apple Pay-style security for e-commerce purchases using one-time "Masked" credit card numbers that cannot be re-used if stolen in cyber-attack data breaches.
To get Blur from the Appstore: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/blur-protect-your-passwords/id828387649?mt=8
Blur on your iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch
Blur -Abine's password, payments, and privacy solution- give consumers simple ways to be more private and secure online. With one click or finger tap, Blur generates a new email address, strong unique password, and or one-time use secure credit card (Masked Card). This means you can register or shop online without the site or merchant storing your real identity information on their databases. Blur's integrated private browser also automatically blocks hundreds of tracking companies from secretly collecting detailed data on web surfing. The result is less spam, true protection from data breaches, and a lower online profile.
Blur comes in free and premium versions ($39 per year). Blur premium service includes a new private phone number, unlimited new masked credit cards, as well as the ability to add and sync unlimited mobile devices to an account for one subscription price. To download and use Blur immediately, visit www.abine.com.
Abine is the online privacy company. Abine has for years been committed to providing consumers with innovative and comprehensive privacy solutions meant for everyday web users. Abine's solutions have been trusted by over 25 million people worldwide to protect and control their passwords, payments, privacy, and identity. Get Blur.
CONTACT: Olivia Campbell, 617-345-0024, [email protected]