WOODCLIFF LAKE, N.J., March 7, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- BMW of North America, LLC today announced its annual Center of Excellence honors, awarded to the top performing dealerships in the U.S. Thirty-one of the 339 BMW dealers nationwide achieved "2012 Center of Excellence" status based on their 2011 performance in customer satisfaction, outstanding brand representation, operational excellence and profitability.
"BMW customers have high expectations of their vehicle and their dealer," said Peter Miles, BMW of North America Executive VP of Operations. "It takes extraordinary and consistent effort to attain the level of a COE dealership."
The BMW Group continues to lead the automotive industry as the number one premium auto manufacturer in the world and is the primary mobility provider for the London 2012 Olympic Games, as well as the 2012 U.S. Olympic and Paralympic Teams. During 2012, BMW will launch a number of new vehicles in the U.S., including the all-new 3 Series Sedan, 6 Series Gran Coupe, and the M5 Sedan ensuring their position as the number one luxury brand in the U.S.
"The Center of Excellence winners have done exceptionally well," said BMW of North America President and CEO Ludwig Willisch. "In this Olympic year, these 31 are our top athletes, so it's fitting that we send them to the London 2012 Olympics as their reward."
2012 Center of Excellence Award Recipients
1. Hendrick BMW - Charlotte, NC
2. Don Jacobs BMW - Lexington, KY
3. Peter Pan BMW - San Mateo, CA
4. BMW of Bridgeport - Bridgeport, CT
5. Dreyer & Reinbold, Inc. - Indianapolis, IN
6. Kuni BMW - Beaverton, OR
7. BMW of Houston North - Houston, TX
8. Schomp BMW of Highlands Ranch - Highlands Ranch, CO
9. Savage BMW - Ontario, CA
10. East Bay BMW - Pleasanton, CA
11. Performance BMW - Chapel Hill, NC
12. Bobby Rahal BMW of South Hills - Canonsburg, PA
13. United BMW of Gwinnett Place - Duluth, GA
14. BMW of Stratham - Stratham, NH
15. Thompson BMW - Doylestown, PA
16. Passport BMW - Suitland, MD
17. BMW of Ridgefield - Ridgefield, CT
18. Momentum BMW - Houston, TX
19. Advantage BMW - Houston, TX
20. Sandia BMW - Albuquerque, NM
21. BMW of Myrtle Beach - Myrtle Beach, SC
22. BMW of Monrovia - Monrovia, CA
23. BMW Gallery - Norwood, MA
24. Desert BMW of Las Vegas - Las Vegas, NV
25. Valencia BMW - Valencia, CA
26. Chapman BMW - Chandler, AZ
27. BMW of Alexandria - Alexandria, VA
28. Braman Motorcars - West Palm Beach, FL
29. BMW of Minnetonka - Minnetonka, MN
30. BMW of Greenwich - Greenwich, CT
31. Classic BMW - Plano, TX
BMW Group In America
BMW of North America, LLC has been present in the United States since 1975. Rolls-Royce Motor Cars NA, LLC began distributing vehicles in 2003. The BMW Group in the United States has grown to include marketing, sales, and financial service organizations for the BMW brand of motor vehicles, including motorcycles, the MINI brand, and the Rolls-Royce brand of Motor Cars; DesignworksUSA, a strategic design consultancy in California; a technology office in Silicon Valley and various other operations throughout the country. BMW Manufacturing Co., LLC in South Carolina is part of BMW Group's global manufacturing network and is the exclusive manufacturing plant for all X5 and X3 Sports Activity Vehicles and X6 Sports Activity Coupes. The BMW Group sales organization is represented in the U.S. through networks of 339 BMW passenger car and BMW Sports Activity Vehicle centers, 139 BMW motorcycle retailers, 111 MINI passenger car dealers, and 32 Rolls-Royce Motor Car dealers. BMW (US) Holding Corp., the BMW Group's sales headquarters for North America, is located in Woodcliff Lake, New Jersey.
Information about BMW Group products is available to consumers via the Internet at: www.bmwgroupna.com.
SOURCE BMW of North America, LLC