ARLINGTON, Va., Oct. 28, 2011 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- BNA Books, a division of specialized news and information publisher BNA, today announces the publication of the 2012 Edition of BNA's Directory of State and Federal Courts, Judges, and Clerks. The updated directory contains listings for 2,135 state courts, 216 federal courts, 16,213 judges, and 5,314 clerks and court administrators in the 50 states, the District of Columbia, and U.S. territories.
The Directory also includes:
- Names, titles, street addresses, phone/fax numbers, internet sites, e-mail addresses, and TDD/TTY for judges and judicial officials in each state court, plus the U.S. District Courts, U.S. Courts of Appeals, U.S. Tax Court, Bankruptcy Courts, the U.S. Sentencing Commission, and the U.S. Supreme Court
- A list of nominations for federal judgeships, with nominee's name, state of residence, and other information
- A federal appellate court jurisdiction map and list—a clear representation of the U.S. judicial system
- State court structure charts, prepared by the National Center for State Courts, showing interrelationships and routes of appeal for all courts of record
- Reporters of judicial decisions—contact name, address, phone, and fax of the official reporter for the Supreme Court and each state and territory
- PACER websites for all federal courts
- Websites for federal and state courts—more than 3,000 listed by court—new this year are direct-access websites for opinions listed by court
- Master geographic-jurisdiction indexes listing federal courts within states and state courts by county and/or city
- A personal name index—an alphabetical reference to each judge, clerk, reporter, and federal or state-level administrator listed in the Directory
- E-mail addresses—for more than 5,000 judges and clerks
The Directory is also available online and as a mobile application for the iPhone. The Directory on the web adds flexibility to this respected resource and offers simultaneous access to multiple users within one organization. Exclusive to the web version is information about U.S. Attorneys, State Attorneys General, and Secretaries of State. Continuous updates ensure that the Directory is current, and links are provided that take users straight to court websites. For more information, visit bnabooks.com/dsc. The mobile application enhances the features of the print version by fitting its contents right into your pocket. With the app, practitioners can find directions to courthouses and retrieve contact information for judges, clerks, and administrators instantly. Other mobile features include links to court websites and the ability to "favorite" specific officials. Download the app in the iTunes store.
BNA's Directory of State and Federal Courts, Judges, and Clerks, 2012 Edition is edited by Catherine A. Kitchell, a Senior Reference Librarian with BNA, Arlington, VA.
BNA, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Bloomberg L.P., is a leading source of legal, regulatory, and business information for professionals. In addition to BNA's Directory of State and Federal Courts, Judges, and Clerks, BNA's Book Division publishes: Supreme Court Practice; Federal Appellate Practice; Directory of U.S. Labor Organizations; and other legal references. For a free BNA Books catalog, call 1.800.960.1220, send an e-mail request to [email protected], or visit us online at bna.com/bnabooks.
BNA's Directory of State and Federal Courts, Judges, and Clerks, 2012 Edition (Order #2002/$220.00 plus tax, shipping, and handling) may be purchased from BNA Books, PO Box 7814, Edison, NJ 08818-7814. Telephone orders: 1.800.960.1220. Fax orders: 1.732.346.1624. A 10% discount is available on print copies of books when ordering from the website at bna.com/bnabooks. The online version also can be purchased on our website and the mobile application can be purchased in the iTunes store. Please note that discounts cannot be combined.
Editors: Review copy available upon request.
Please e-mail Matt Greene at [email protected], or call 703.341.5767.
SOURCE BNA Books