ARLINGTON, Va., Dec. 23, 2010 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- BNA Books, a division of specialized news and information publisher BNA, announced today the publication of the new 2010 Cumulative Supplement to Employment Discrimination Law. For more than 30 years, this book has maintained an unparalleled reputation as the definitive treatise in this complex area of law. In it, legal specialists in every type of employment discrimination practice provide a balanced presentation of the labor and employment issues surrounding discrimination in the workplace. Contributors are from the Equal Employment Opportunity Committee of the ABA Section of Labor and Employment Law.
The Fourth Edition accompanied by the 2010 Cumulative Supplement offers the most comprehensive coverage and unbiased analysis of employment discrimination law available anywhere, edited by experts from the plaintiff, union, and management sides of the bar, including:
- Coverage of the law of sexual harassment and sexual orientation
- Expansive coverage of disability law and the EEOC and OFCCP compliance process
- Thousands of cases with pinpoint citations and explanatory parentheticals
- Expanded coverage of compensation discrimination under Title VII, rather than only the Equal Pay Act
- A discussion of Alternative Dispute Resolution, covering the burgeoning law pertaining to employee arbitration agreements
- A discussion of the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act of 2008
- The Supreme Court's decision in Lewis v. City of Chicago on the timely filing of charges
- The Ninth Circuit decision in Fleming v. Yuma Regional Medical Center, LLC permitting an independent contractor to pursue a claim for discrimination on the basis of disability under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973
- Additional decisions regarding whether an arbitration clause in individual contracts and collective bargaining agreements provides an exclusive remedy for employment discrimination, including the Tenth Circuit's decision in Carmona v. Southwest Airlines
- The Supreme Court's decision in Fitzgerald v. Barnstable School Committee holding that § 1983 provides an additional avenue for challenging sex discrimination in an academic setting in addition to Title IX
- The continuing split in the courts of appeal over class actions seeking damages under the Civil Rights Act of 1992, including the Third Circuit decision in Holder v. United Parcel Service, Inc.
- Decisions attempting to define the Ledbetter Act's language "compensation decision or other Practice," including Mikula v. Allegheny County and Schuler v. PricewaterhouseCoopers, LLP
- The Supreme Court's most recent decision on the issue of fee enhancements in Perdue v. Kenny A.
ABA Labor and Employment Law Section publications provide a balanced forum for the views and professional development of practitioners in labor and employment law. For more information on Section participation, please call the Section at (312) 988-5813 or visit http://www.abanet.org/labor/home.html.
The 2010 Cumulative Supplement to Employment Discrimination Law, Fourth Edition is written by Ms. Barbara T. Lindemann and Paul Grossman. Ms. Lindemann is co-author of BNA's Age Discrimination in Employment Law and Sexual Harassment in Employment Law. Mr. Paul Grossman is a partner in Paul, Hastings, Janofsky & Walker LLP, Los Angeles, CA. The Editor-in-Chief of the main volume, Mr. C. Geoffrey Weirich, is a partner in Paul, Hastings, Janofsky & Walker LLP, Atlanta, GA.
Editors-in-Chief of the Cumulative Supplement are Debra Millenson, Richard J. Gonzalez, and Laurie E. Leader. Numerous chapter editors and contributing editors provided essential research and writing in both the main volume and the 2010 Cumulative Supplement.
In addition to Employment Discrimination Law, BNA's Book Division publishes Age Discrimination in Employment Law; Canadian Labour and Employment Law for the U.S. Practitioner; Covenants Not to Compete: A State-by-State Survey; Disability Discrimination and the Workplace; Drafting and Enforcing Covenants Not to Compete; Global Employee Privacy and Data Security Law; The Fair Labor Standards Act; Reductions in Force in Employment Law; Restrictive Covenants and Trade Secrets in Employment Law, Volumes I and II; Wage and Hour Laws: A State-by-State Survey; and other titles in legal specialties. For a free BNA Books catalog, call 1-800-960-1220 or send an e-mail request to email@example.com. The BNA Books website, including an online catalog, can be found at bnabooks.com.
The 2010 Cumulative Supplement to Employment Discrimination Law, Fourth Edition may be purchased alone (1,152 pp. Softcover/Order #1870-PREL10/$265.00 plus tax, shipping, and handling) or with the main volume (2007/2 Volumes/3,666 pp. Hardcover/Order #9870-PREL10/$690.00 plus tax, shipping and handling) from BNA Books, PO Box 7814, Edison, NJ 08818-7814. Telephone orders: 1-800-960-1220. Fax orders: 1-732-346-1624. A 10% discount is available on print copies of books when ordering from the website at bnabooks.com. Please note that discounts cannot be combined.
SOURCE BNA Books