ARLINGTON, Va., Dec. 23, 2010 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- BNA Books, a division of specialized news and information publisher BNA, announced today the publication of the 2010 Cumulative Supplement to Health Care Fraud and Abuse: Practical Perspectives, Second Edition. The main volume and its supplement are published in conjunction with the American Bar Association's (ABA) Health Law Section.
Health Care Fraud and Abuse: Practical Perspectives, Second Edition details the fraud and abuse laws and regulations affecting the health care industry and gives you the practical guidance to protect clients. This treatise offers seasoned practitioners, as well as those new to health care law, assistance in structuring acceptable business arrangements, avoiding statutory and regulatory pitfalls, defending clients, implementing effective corporate compliance programs, and more.
The 2010 Cumulative Supplement contains extensive updates, including:
- Analysis of the Patient Protection and Affordable Health Care Act in a number of chapters, examining it from different perspectives including its impact on Stark law, the federal anti-kickback intent standard, compliance program requirements, the Medicare Part D Program, and the Medicare Coverage Gap Discount Program
- Expanded discussion of the 2009 Fraud Enforcement and Recovery Act and the 2009 False Claims Act amendments
- New topics on Allison Engine, reverse false claims law, statute of limitations case law, and whistleblower retaliation case law
- Analysis of the 2010 Supreme Court decision in Merck & Co. Inc. v. Reynolds and its impact on early disclosure of potential enforcement actions
- 2009 proposed regulatory changes to the Medicare Advantage and Medicare Prescription Drug Benefit Programs
- Review of the Medicare Physicians Fee Schedule 2010 Final Rule
Practitioners can turn to this treatise for guidance and invaluable insight into critical laws affecting the health care industry.
Linda A. Baumann is the Editor-in-Chief of this treatise. Ms. Baumann is a partner in Arent Fox, LLP, Washington, DC, where she specializes in health care fraud and abuse and compliance.
BNA is a leading private publisher of news and information products for professionals in law and business. In addition to Health Care Fraud and Abuse: Practical Perspectives, BNA's Book Division publishes E-Health Business and Transactional Law; Managed Care Litigation; Pharmaceutical Law: Regulation of Research, Development, and Marketing; Prosecuting and Defending Health Care Fraud Cases; and other titles in legal specialties. For a free BNA Books catalog, call 1-800-960-1220 or send an e-mail request to firstname.lastname@example.org. The BNA Books website, including an online catalog, can be found at bnabooks.com.
Order the 2010 Cumulative Supplement to Health Care Fraud and Abuse: Practical Perspectives, Second Edition (586 pp. Softcover/Order #1908-PREL10/$205.00 plus tax, shipping, and handling), or with the main volume (770 pp. Hardcover with CD/Order #9908-PREL10/$395.00 plus tax, shipping, and handling) from BNA Books, PO Box 7814, Edison, NJ 08818-7814. Telephone orders: 1-800-960-1220. Fax orders: 1-732-346-1624. A 10% discount is available on print copies of books when ordering from the website at bnabooks.com. Please note that discounts cannot be combined.
SOURCE BNA Books