ARLINGTON, Va., Dec. 15, 2010 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- BNA Books, a division of specialized news and information publisher BNA, announced today the publication of the 2010 Cumulative Supplement to Intellectual Property, Software, and Information Licensing: Law and Practice.
Intellectual Property, Software, and Information Licensing: Law and Practice is the only licensing law book available that exhaustively examines the many contexts in which intellectual property licensing occurs and provides a foundational, yet comprehensive, framework for understanding the significant transactional issues that arise during the commercialization process. Practitioners will get in-depth coverage of such specialized topics as:
- Upstream licensing and Open Source — the only legal treatise that comprehensively addresses Open Source in the licensing of software
- Multimedia and platform licensing
- Bankruptcy issues in licensing
- Tax concerns in licensing
- Misuse and antitrust concerns in licensing
- Federal government procurements and licensing
- Privacy and information licensing — covers court and administrative decisions interpreting the balance between the right to privacy in individual data and the rights of owners of collected and aggregated data
The 2010 Cumulative Supplement provides updates on the latest cases, including the:
- Ninth Circuit's Vernor v. Autodesk
- Tenth Circuit's The SCO Group, Inc. v. Novell, Inc.; Retirement Group v. Galante and Dowell v. Biosense Webster, Inc., from the California Court of Appeal
- Second Circuit's JA Apparel Corp. v. Abboud; In re Qimonda Ag; Sky Technologies LLC v. SAP AG
- Board of Trustees of Stanford University v. Roche Molecular Sys, Inc. and Imation Corp. v. Koninklijke Philips Electronics N.V. from the Federal Circuit
- Third Circuit's Nova Chemicals v. Sekisui Plastics
Intellectual Property, Software, and Information Licensing: Law and Practice with 2010 Cumulative Supplement provides the information and the tools to help practitioners develop comprehensive licensing agreements, rectify existing problems, maximize returns within the legal boundaries, anticipate new concerns, and avoid potential pitfalls. The treatise also includes an extensive collection of licensing agreements, in print and on an accompanying CD-ROM.
The treatise is co-authored by Xuan-Thao N. Nguyen, law professor at the SMU Dedman School of Law, Dallas, TX; Robert W. Gomulkiewicz, professor of law at the University of Washington School of Law, Seattle, WA; and Danielle M. Conway, professor and director of the Hawaii Procurement Institute at the University of Hawaii at Manoa.
BNA is a leading private publisher of news and information products for professionals in law and business. In addition to Intellectual Property, Software, and Information Licensing: Law and Practice with 2010 Cumulative Supplement, BNA's Book Division publishes Anatomy of a Patent Case; Constructing and Deconstructing Patents; Patent, Trademark, and Copyright Laws; Computer and Intellectual Property Crime: Federal and State Law; Electronic and Software Patents: Law and Practice; Intellectual Property Technology Transfer; Intellectual Property Taxation: Transaction and Litigation Issues; Intellectual Property Law in Cyberspace; Patent Litigation Strategies Handbook; Patent Prosecution: Law, Practice, and Procedure; Patents and the Federal Circuit; Trademark Dilution: Federal, State, and International Law; Trademark Infringement Remedies; Trademark Litigation Practice; and other titles in legal specialties. For a free BNA Books catalog, call 1-800-960-1220 or send an e-mail request to email@example.com. The BNA Books website, including an online catalog, can be found at bnabooks.com.
The 2010 Cumulative Supplement to Intellectual Property, Software, and Information Licensing: Law and Practice (450 pp. Softcover/Order #1890-PREL10/$205.00 plus tax, shipping, and handling) may be purchased alone, or with the main volume (1,584 pp. Hardcover with 2010 Cumulative Supplement/ Order #9890-PREL10/$450.00 plus tax, shipping, and handling) from BNA Books, PO Box 7814, Edison, NJ 08818-7814. Telephone orders: 1-800-960-1220. Fax orders: 1-732-346-1624. A 10% discount is available on print copies of books when ordering from the website at bnabooks.com. Please note that discounts cannot be combined.
Editors: Review copy available upon request.
Please e-mail Matt Greene at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 703-341-5767.
SOURCE BNA Books