NEW YORK, Aug. 31, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- BoardEx, a business unit of TheStreet Inc. (NASDAQ: TST), announced three new services to improve the performance of quant funds, banks, law firms and consulting firms. Those services include a quant data feed containing academically proven, alpha generating management changes and relationships; a competitive tracking service uncovering key competitive relationships for banks and law firms; and a mobile app.
BoardEx's significant product innovation has attracted several impressive new clients in 2016, including Raymond James and HSBC. The BoardEx user base has topped 100,000 and continues to grow.
"We have a number of key clients that we work with regularly to innovate around identifying and tracking connections for business development," said Michael Crosby, president of BoardEx and The Deal, which represent the institutional business of The Street, as he highlighted some of the longtime customers, like PWC. "There isn't another service out there that can do what BoardEx can do."
The new Competitor Network release enables the tracking of competitive firms. Users can quickly identify which of their competitors are connected to client contacts and their companies.
- Monitor individuals that work for a competitor and uncover their connections to organizations in over 130 countries
- Competitive tracking goes beyond an individual's current employment, tracking people that used to work for a competitive firm as well as people that have been involved in a deal with them.
Quant Data Feed
The quant data feed has over 50 fields of data and proprietary network details for senior management and board members globally. Data details include organization affiliation, role changes, time spent in roles, size of management teams and network influence.
- Unique and detailed people data is available and includes a powerful network influence algorithm.
- Data can be packaged and delivered easily for effective back testing
The BoardEx App allows customers to track their most important executive contacts right on their phone. When a contact changes roles, users are alerted, identifying new business opportunities and connections. Available for Android via Google Play and for iPhone via the App Store on iTunes, the App allows users to quickly access the world's largest network of executive board members.
- Email alerts and push notifications on your most important contacts
- Quick Search: Functionality enables users to search BoardEx's database of over 850,000 individuals and 1.3 million organizations.
- Organization profiles outline the board and management teams, tenure and connections they hold.
TheStreet, Inc. (www.t.st) is a leading independent digital financial media company providing business and financial news, investing ideas and analysis to personal and institutional investors worldwide. The Company's portfolio of business and personal finance brands includes: TheStreet, RealMoney, RealMoney Pro, Action Alerts PLUS, and MainStreet. To learn more, visit www.thestreet.com. The Deal, the Company's institutional business, provides intraday coverage of mergers and acquisitions and all other changes in corporate control and through its BoardEx product, director and officer profiles. To learn more, visit www.thedeal.com and www.boardex.com. RateWatch, the Company's business unit that provides rate and fee data from banks and credit unions across the U.S. for a wide variety of banking products. To learn more, visit www.rate-watch.com
CONTACT: Jon Kostakopoulos, 212.321.5561, jon.kostakopoulos at thestreet.com
SOURCE TheStreet, Inc.