BROADVIEW, Ill., Nov. 19, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- With old man winter arriving early across much of the country, Bosch Automotive Aftermarket North America reminds motorists that checking, and preparing their vehicles now is a smart way to prepare for the harsh driving conditions they could soon encounter on the road.
Top 10 areas for examination
1. Tires: Check tread and frequently gauge tire pressure. Consider snow tires.
2. Wiper Blades: Replace damaged or worn blades with the latest technology; beam- style blades that contour to your windshield for a cleaner wipe, such as Bosch ICON™ Wiper Blades with ClearMax 365™.
3. Battery: Have your vehicle battery inspected diagnostically.
4. Filters: Examine and replace dirty filters, including engine, air and cabin air filters.
5. Fluids: Check levels of engine oil, coolant, transmission, brake, power steering and windshield fluids.
6. Belts and Hoses: Have belts and hoses inspected for cracking and wear.
7. Lights: Make sure headlights, tail lights and turn signals are operational. Also check the vehicle's flashing hazard lights.
8. Brakes: Have brake pads and rotors checked. Bosch Premium QuietCast™ Brake Pads and Rotors are engineered to deliver safe, quiet, long-lasting performance.
9. Fuel: Keep the gas tank at least ¼ filled at all times throughout the winter. This will help keep gas lines from freezing.
10. Emergency Kit: Carry an emergency kit in the vehicle that includes: warm clothes; blanket; sand or kitty litter; flashlight; jumper cables; water; energy bars.
10a. And here's an additional tip: Always have your vehicle serviced by an ASE Certified Technician
Bosch has a network of more than 1,800 authorized Bosch Car Service independent repair shops located throughout North America. To find one near you visit: www.boschcarservice.us
For more information on Bosch Automotive Products, visit www.boschautoparts.com
In the U.S., Canada and Mexico, the Bosch Group manufactures and markets automotive original equipment and aftermarket solutions, industrial drives and control technology, power tools, security and communication systems, packaging technology, thermotechnology, household appliances, healthcare telemedicine and software solutions. Having established a regional presence in 1906, Bosch employs 24,600 associates in more than 100 locations, with consolidated sales of $10.4 billion in 2013. For more information, visit www.boschusa.com, www.bosch.com.mx and www.bosch.ca.
The Bosch Group is a leading global supplier of technology and services. In 2013, its roughly 281,000 associates generated sales of 46.1 billion euros ($61.2 billion). (NB: Due to a change in accounting policies, the 2013 figures can only be compared to a limited extent with the 2012 figures). Its operations are divided into four business sectors: Mobility Solutions, Industrial Technology, Consumer Goods, and Energy and Building Technology. The Bosch Group comprises Robert Bosch GmbH and its roughly 360 subsidiaries and regional companies in some 50 countries. If its sales and service partners are included, then Bosch is represented in roughly 150 countries. This worldwide development, manufacturing, and sales network is the foundation for further growth. In 2013, the Bosch Group invested some 4.5 billion euros ($6.0 billion) in research and development and applied for some 5,000 patents. This is an average of 20 patents per day. The Bosch Group's products and services are designed to fascinate, and to improve the quality of life by providing solutions which are both innovative and beneficial. In this way, the company offers technology worldwide that is "Invented for life."
Additional information is available online at www.bosch.com, www.bosch-press.com and http://twitter.com/BoschPresse
For more information on Bosch Automotive Products, visit www.boschautoparts.com.
Find Bosch Auto Parts on Facebook, visit www.facebook.com/boschautoparts
Follow Bosch Auto Parts on Twitter, visit www.twitter.com/boschautoparts
For more information on Bosch Car Service visit www.boschcarservice.us