MARLBOROUGH, Mass., May 10, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) today announced the schedule of key data presentations, including four late-breaking clinical trials, that will be featured at the annual EuroPCR Scientific Program, in Paris, on May 16-19. The late-breaking clinical trials include the following:
- Evaluation of 30-day safety and one-year efficacy outcomes from the REPRISE III trial, a prospective, randomised investigation of the LOTUS™ Valve System*, a transcatheter aortic valve implantation (TAVI) device against the CoreValve® TAVI System (Medtronic).
- The LOTUS Valve RESPOND study providing one-year, 'real-world' clinical and device performance outcomes data.
- Three-year outcomes of the EVOLVE II trial assessing the SYNERGY™ Bioabsorbable Polymer Drug-Eluting Stent System in patients with diabetes.
- Data from the EWOLUTION registry, a prospective multicenter study of 'real-world' outcomes with the WATCHMAN™ Left Atrial Appendage Closure (LAAC) Device.
"This year's EuroPCR congress will provide us the opportunity to share the performance of our LOTUS Valve platform in the REPRISE III trial,which is the first large, global, randomized head-to-head trial of two contemporary TAVI valves, as well as findings from the RESPOND and RESPOND Extension studies," said Ian Meredith, M.D., executive vice president and global chief medical officer, Boston Scientific. "These data, along with findings from the European registry for the WATCHMAN device, further demonstrate the value our minimally-invasive structural heart therapies bring to physicians in their pursuit of delivering the highest quality care to their patients."
SCHEDULE OF PRESENTATIONS OF INTEREST (listed chronologically)
Tuesday, May 16
- The LOTUS Valve System: A prospective, randomised investigation of a novel TAVI system: the REPRISE III trial: Ted E. Feldman, M.D., will present at 12:30 in the Main Arena.
- The LOTUS Valve System: The RESPOND study at one-year: primary endpoint outcomes with a repositionable and fully retrievable aortic valve in routine clinical practice: Nicolas Van Mieghem, M.D., Ph.D., will present at 16:03 in the Maillot room.
Wednesday, May 17
- SYNERGY Stent: Outcomes after PCI with a bioabsorbable polymer-coated, everolimus-eluting coronary stent in patients with diabetes: three-year results from the EVOLVE II diabetes substudy: Martine Gilard, M.D., will present at 11:35 in the Maillot room.
Thursday, May 18
- The LOTUS Valve System: Thirty-day outcomes in patients treated with a repositionable and fully retrievable aortic valve designed to reduce the incidence of conduction disturbances (RESPOND Extension Study): Daniel Blackman, M.D., will present at 8:30 in room 342B.
- WATCHMAN LAAC Device: Real world net benefit of LAA closure at one year: safety and efficacy results in the EWOLUTION all-comers study: Martin W. Bergmann, M.D., will present at 11:47 in the Maillot room.
- Agent™ Paclitaxel-Coated Balloon Catheter**: Drug-coated Balloons for the treatment of coronary in-stent restenosis: a randomised, multicentre, controlled clinical study: Christian W. Hamm, Ph.D., will present at 14:45 in room 342B.
All events are listed in Central European Summer Time (CEST) and take place at the Palais des Congrès. For additional details about Boston Scientific data presentations and sponsored symposia, go to www.bostonscientific.com/EuroPCR2017 or visit the Boston Scientific booth located on Level 1, Hall Passy F21.
The company will also host an investor event and webcast on Tuesday, May 16, from 16:00 to 17:00 (CEST)/ 10:00 to 11:00 AM (EDT) to discuss its interventional cardiology and structural heart portfolios. The live webcast and replay will be accessible at www.bostonscientific.com/investors with the latter becoming available approximately one hour following the completion of the event.
*The LOTUS™ valve system is currently not available for use or sale.
**In the U.S., the Agent™ Paclitaxel-Coated balloon catheter is investigational and not available for sale.
About Boston Scientific
Boston Scientific transforms lives through innovative medical solutions that improve the health of patients around the world. As a global medical technology leader for more than 35 years, we advance science for life by providing a broad range of high performance solutions that address unmet patient needs and reduce the cost of healthcare. For more information, visit www.bostonscientific.com and connect on Twitter and Facebook.
U.S. Media: Trish Backes
European Media: Chiara Ennas
+44 (0) 7766 086882
Investor Relations: Susie Lisa, CFA
(508) 683-5565 (office)
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/boston-scientific-announces-schedule-of-presentations-at-europcr-2017-300454820.html
SOURCE Boston Scientific Corporation