MARLBOROUGH, Mass., May 3, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) today announced the schedule of key data presentations, including two late-breaking clinical trials, that will be featured at the 38th Annual Scientific Sessions of the Heart Rhythm Society in Chicago on May 10-13.
Notably, the post-market approval data collected on the Subcutaneous Implantable Defibrillator (S-ICD) System in the U.S., as well as 'real-world' data regarding the efficacy of the WATCHMAN™ Left Atrial Appendage Closure (LAAC) Device, will be presented during late-breaking clinical trial sessions on May 11 and May 12, respectively. Other scheduled presentations and abstracts underscore the following:
- extended follow-up on pacing performance with the ACUITY™ X4 Quadripolar Left Ventricular leads;
- additional pre-clinical evidence supporting the company's modular therapy approach and communications compatibility between its EMPOWER™ Modular Pacing System and the EMBLEM™ MRI Subcutaneous Implantable Defibrillator (S-ICD) System;
- pre-clinical data showcasing new software that further expands the diagnostic capabilities of the Rhythmia HDx™ Mapping System.
"We are pleased to present growing evidence that reinforces the safety and efficacy of technologies across our cardiovascular portfolio," said Kenneth Stein, M.D., senior vice president and chief medical officer, Rhythm Management and Global Health Policy, Boston Scientific. "Further, we look forward to results gathered by independent research within the clinical community that embrace our cardiac mapping technology and evaluate the performance of its differentiating features."
ABSTRACTS OF INTEREST (listed chronologically)
Thursday, May 11
- Late-Breaking Clinical Trial: The S-ICD Post-Market Approval Study: Michael R. Gold, M.D., Ph.D, FHRS, will present at 8:00 AM in room 375E.
- Evaluation of an Automatic Screening Tool for S-ICD Patient Selection: A poster authored by Venugopal Allavatam, MS, will be available for viewing from 9:30 AM -12:00 PM in Epicenter, Exhibit Hall.
Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy Defibrillator (CRT-D) and Implantable Defibrillator (ICD)
- Right Ventricular Lead Location, Right-Left Ventricular Lead Interaction, and Long-Term Mortality in Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy Patients: Usama Daimee, M.D., will present at 2:30 PM in room 186.
- Multiple Procedures Increase the Risk of Infection but Not Mechanical Complications in Patients with Implantable Cardiac Defibrillators: Jayanthi N. Koneru, MBBS, will present at 2:45 PM in Room 375D.
Friday, May 12
WATCHMAN LAAC Device
- Late-Breaking Clinical Trial: EWOLUTION Trial: 1-Year Efficacy and Safety of Left Atrial Appendage Closure with WATCHMAN in Patients With or Without Contraindication to Oral Anticoagulation: Lucas V. A. Boersma, M.D., Ph.D, will present at 11:00 AM in Room 375E.
- Chronic Performance of Communicating Leadless Anti-Tachycardia Pacemaker and Subcutaneous Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator: Fleur V.Y. Tjong, M.D., will present at 1:30 PM in Room 375D.
- Propensity Score Matched Comparsion of Subcutaneous and Transvenous Implantable Defibrillator Therapy in the SIMPLE and EFFORTLESS Studies: A poster authored by Tom F. Brouwer, M.D. and Jeffrey S. Healey, M.D., FHRS, will be available for viewing from 2:00 PM – 5:00 PM in Epicenter, Exhibit Hall.
CRT-D and ICD
- Extended Follow-Up of a Family of Anatomically Designed Quadripolar Left Ventricular Leads: A poster authored by Suneet Mittal, M.D., FHRS, will be available for viewing from 2:00 PM – 5:00 PM in Epicenter, Exhibit Hall.
- Local Impedance via Mini Electrodes Successfully Measures Catheter-Tissue Contact and is Strongly Correlated to Radiofrequency Lesion Dimensions in Explanted Swine Hearts: A poster authored by Matthew S. Sulkin, Ph.D, will be available for viewing from 2:00 PM – 5:00 PM in Epicenter, Exhibit Hall.
- Local Impedance via Mini Electrodes as an in Vivo Indicator of Catheter-Tissue Coupling and Lesion Maturation: Jacob I. Laughner, Ph.D., will present at 3:15 PM in Epicenter, Exhibit Hall.
All presentations are listed in Central Time and will take place at McCormick Place West Convention Center. For more information, visit Boston Scientific at booth #1346.
The company will also host an investor event and webcast on May 11 from 4:00-5:00 PM CDT to provide a presentation and answer questions from investors about the Boston Scientific rhythm management portfolio. The event will be accessible via live webcast at www.bostonscientific.com/investors. A replay of the webcast will be accessible at www.bostonscientific.com/investors beginning approximately one hour following the completion of the event.
Caution: The leadless pacemaker is a concept device or technology and not available for use or sale.
About Boston Scientific
Boston Scientific transforms lives through innovative medical solutions that improve the health of patients around the world. As a global medical technology leader for more than 35 years, we advance science for life by providing a broad range of high performance solutions that address unmet patient needs and reduce the cost of healthcare. For more information, visit www.bostonscientific.com and connect on Twitter and Facebook.
(651) 582-5887 (office)
Susie Lisa, CFA
(508) 683-5565 (office)
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/boston-scientific-announces-scheduled-presentations-at-heart-rhythm-society-2017-300450632.html
SOURCE Boston Scientific Corporation