PITTSBURGH, Jan. 31, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Bottom Dollar Food is celebrating its first birthday in the greater Pittsburgh and Youngstown, Ohio, areas on Thursday, Jan. 31, with "Random Acts of Savings." The company is offering its customers an opportunity to increase their Bottom Dollar Food savings through gift card drawings and an abundance of in-store promotions at its 16 area locations.
"We want to thank our customers in the greater Pittsburgh and Youngstown, Ohio, areas for welcoming Bottom Dollar Food into your cities and shopping our stores," said Meg Ham, president of Bottom Dollar Food. "As we enter our second year in these markets, we remain committed to delivering fresh produce, quality meats, and private and national brand products at unbelievable prices. Also, we look forward to continuing to expand our presence in this market in 2013. In return for our customers' patronage, we are excited to celebrate this tremendous milestone by offering additional opportunities to save in our stores, so stop in on Thursday to celebrate our birthday with us, and enjoy the savings."
The company opened its first 14 stores in the region in early 2012, and opened two additional locations last summer. On Thursday, Jan. 31, customers have the opportunity to:
- Save on their grocery bills via random giveaways and promotions in Bottom Dollar Food stores, including free gift card promotions. The giveaways will be held all day at the top of the hour, every hour starting at 9 a.m.
- Help the company give back to the community by "liking" the official Bottom Dollar Food Facebook page. The company will donate $10 to the Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank and Second Harvest Food Bank of the Mahoning Valley for every new customer who "likes" the Bottom Dollar Food Facebook page on Thursday. Each food bank will receive up to $5,000.
- Earn triple Classroom Connections points for local schools. The program gives Bottom Dollar Food membership cardholders an opportunity help support their favorite school by earning credit each time they shop. Customers may register to participate by visiting the Bottom Dollar Food website and linking their membership card to the school of their choice.
On Thursday, Bottom Dollar Food will also donate 50 much-needed thermal boxes, valued at $5,000, to the Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank to assist with the organization's hunger-relief efforts. In addition, the discount grocer is providing $5,000 worth of food to the Second Harvest Food Bank of the Mahoning Valley's BackPack Program. Bottom Dollar Food representatives will present the donations at the following times:
- 10 a.m., Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank, 1 North Linden Street, Duquesne, Pa.
- 10 a.m., Second Harvest Food Bank of the Mahoning Valley, 2805 Salt Springs Road, Youngstown, Ohio
Bottom Dollar Food has created approximately 700 jobs for the greater Pittsburgh and Youngstown, Ohio, areas, and has expanded its savings membership card program to more than 202,000 customers. In addition, the company sold millions of fresh fruits and vegetables at discount prices, including more than 3 million pounds of bananas.
Bottom Dollar Food has 13 stores in the Pittsburgh market and three stores in Youngstown, Ohio, including at the following locations:
- 2011 Sheffield Road, Aliquippa, Pa.
- 651 11th St., Ambridge, Pa.
- 1155 Washington Pike, Bridgeville, Pa.
- 196 Bon Aire Plaza, Butler, Pa.
- 750 Butler Crossing Shopping Center, Butler, Pa.
- 1160 Washington Ave., Carnegie, Pa. (Scott Township)
- 300 Mount Lebanon Blvd., Castle Shannon, Pa.
- 300 Eden Park Blvd., McKeesport, Pa.
- 1100 Chartiers Ave., McKees Rocks
- 12012 Frankstown Road, Penn Hills, Pa.
- 7350 Saltsburg Road, Pittsburgh
- 5239 Brownsville Road, Pittsburgh
- 7221 McKnight Road, Pittsburgh
- 890 East Midlothian Blvd., Youngstown, Ohio
- 2649 Glenwood Ave., Unit 1, Youngstown, Ohio
- 3377 Mahoning Ave., Youngstown, Ohio
The discount grocer has announced plans to open three additional stores this year at the following locations:
- Wilmington Road and Worthington Avenue, New Castle, Pa.
- Youngstown Road and North Road, Warren, Ohio
- 127 E. 7th St., Homestead, Pa.
About Bottom Dollar Food
Bottom Dollar Food, based in Salisbury, N.C., is redefining the discount grocery model by offering private brands and the national brands that matter most to customers, in addition to fresh produce and quality meats, at discount prices and in an energetic shopping environment. Bottom Dollar Food operates 53 stores in three states – Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Ohio. For more information, visit www.bottomdollarfood.com.
SOURCE Bottom Dollar Food