SALISBURY, N.C., Oct. 8 /PRNewswire/ -- Bottom Dollar Food, a soft-discount grocer, opened its first store today at 197 E. Dekalb Pike in King of Prussia, Pa., today. The 19,000 square-foot store will offer more than 6,800 items at the best prices in the market to consumers in the Philadelphia region.
"We look forward to serving the greater Philadelphia community," said Meg Ham, President of Bottom Dollar Food. "Customers will find Bottom Dollar Food unique because we carry national and private products, and offer outstanding quality produce, meat and other products. We offer the best prices on groceries in the market and provide our customers a friendly, fun and lighthearted shopping experience."
Bottom Dollar Food is a full-shop soft-discount grocer. Bottom Dollar Food offers a best price guarantee and will beat any competitor's price on the same item by a penny.
"Bottom Dollar Food has great potential in this market because we believe it is underserved in the soft-discount grocer arena," added Ham. "We are very excited to open our first Bottom Dollar Food and deliver the best price and value in grocery products to customers in the King of Prussia area. As we continue to expand in the market, we believe customers will enjoy shopping at our stores and we will win new business through our customer friendly approach and value we offer customers."
As part of the grand opening festivities, Bottom Dollar Food donated $10,000 to the Philabundance Food Bank, and donated $500 to the Upper Merion Township Police Department and Fire Department. In addition, $500 donations were made to the Upper Merion Township Emergency Fund and Lafayette Ambulance and Rescue Squad.
Bottom Dollar Food will open approximately 15-20 stores by the end of 2010 in the greater Philadelphia market and expects to create more than 600 jobs in the region. Leases signed to date in the market include:
- 197 E. Dekalb Pike, King of Prussia, Pa.
- 2134 Street Road, Bensalem Township, Pa. (Bensalem Plaza)
- 154 Airport Road, Valley Township, Pa. (Coatesville, Airport Village Shopping Center)
- 889 E. Lancaster Ave., East Caln, Pa. (Downingtown, Ashbridge Square)
- 11 Bellvue Ave., Penndel, Pa. (Penndel Shopping Center)
- 1856 Catasauqua Road, Allentown, Pa. (Valley Plaza Shopping Center)
- 1955 Davisville Road, Willow Grove, Pa.
- 782 Bethlehem Pike, North Wales, Pa. (Montgomeryville)
- 2826 Dekalb Pike, Norristown, Pa. (East Norriton, Northtowne Plaza)
- 219 W. Butler Ave., Chalfont, Pa. (Chalfont Village Shopping Center)
- 2919 Lehigh St., Allentown, Pa.
- 5200 Route 42, Turnersville, N.J. (Ganttown Plaza)
- 1400 N. Charlotte St., Pottstown, Pa. (The Shops at Ringing Rock)
- 4270 Perkiomen Ave., Exeter Township, Pa. (Reading Mall)
- 230 N. Marlton Ave., Marlton, N.J. (Crispin Square)
- Bustleton Ave. and County Line Road, Lower Southampton, Pa. (The Shops at Walnut Grove)
- 6119 N. Broad St., Philadelphia, Pa. (Broad Street and Godfrey Avenue)
- 3245 Hamilton Blvd, Allentown, Pa. (Dorneyville Shopping Center)
- Krewstown Road and Welsh Road, Philadelphia, Pa. (Krewstown Shopping Center)
- Lansdowne Ave. and Baltimore Ave., Lansdowne, Pa. (The Borough of Landsdowne)
- 7627 Lindbergh Ave., Philadelphia, Pa. (Penrose Park Plaza)
- Route 38 and Cherry Hill Mall Boulevard, Cherry Hill, N.J. (The Plaza at Cherry Hill)
"We are very fortunate to have a strong emerging banner that we can continue to grow in new markets," Ham said. "We look forward to growing with the greater Philadelphia residents and being a good community partner in the areas in which we operate."
Bottom Dollar Food opened its first store in High Point, N.C., on Sept. 21, 2005. Since that time, the banner has grown to 29 stores in North Carolina, Virginia, Maryland and Pennsylvania.
About Bottom Dollar Food
Bottom Dollar Food, based in Salisbury, N.C., operates 29 stores in North Carolina, Virginia, Maryland and Pennsylvania. Bottom Dollar Food is a full-shop soft-discount grocer offering the most popular national brands and private brand products at everyday best prices. Bottom Dollar Food is redefining discount shopping with its lighthearted atmosphere and focus on fresh produce and quality meats. For more information, visit www.bottomdollarfood.com.
SOURCE Bottom Dollar Food