DALLAS, Aug. 15, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Bouncie, a developer of innovative products and applications for the automotive industry, announced the launch of a connected vehicle device that helps family members and caregivers stay connected with aging drivers. Bouncie can help senior drivers remain independent while giving family members and caregivers useful information about a senior's driving habits and vehicle health as well as location-based features that keep everybody connected.
Every day more than 10,000 people turn 65 in the United States, and people are living longer healthier lives. While getting older doesn't necessarily mean a person's driving days are over, it does mean that family members and caregivers need to be prepared for the day when it will be necessary to have "the talk" with an aging driver about his or her driving abilities.
The Bouncie smart-device and smartphone app can help families and caregivers collect useful information about driving habits and vehicle maintenance. This information can be used to develop a plan of action for assessing and monitoring the driving skills of an aging driver.
Bouncie's location-based features give families and caregivers peace of mind that they can stay connected with their aging drivers and easily locate them if they ever get lost, or their vehicle has a breakdown.
The Bouncie smart-device plugs into the On-Board Diagnostics port (OBD) of a vehicle, through which the smartphone app provides a clean, simple way to view the information it retrieves. Families and caregivers can access useful information and features such as:
- Driving Habits - Bouncie delivers real-time insights into driving habits. By monitoring key elements such as hard braking events, rapid acceleration, average speed and trip history, families can ensure their senior driver is still a safe and reliable driver.
- Roadside Assistance - If an aging driver ever needs help, Bouncie lets the driver or family members request roadside assistance and identify the exact location of the vehicle so help can arrive quickly.
- Vehicle Location - Drivers can view their vehicle's location at any time. Plus, Bouncie can help families and caregivers create driving zones with Geo-Circles that alert them when senior drivers enter or leave a designated area.
- Vehicle Health and Diagnostics - Bouncie constantly keeps track of vehicle health. If anything mechanical ever needs attention, Bouncie will send an alert, so that families and caregivers can manage the little things before they become big problems.
- Vehicle information - Bouncie helps manage all the important information about vehicles in one place and reminds drivers and family members when it's time to update and renew insurance policies, vehicle registrations, licenses and more.
Because the Bouncie app is on the family member's phone, they can receive proactive alerts and reminders rather than relying on a parent to activate anything on their side.
Bouncie is available for purchase on www.bouncie.com. The smartphone app is available for download from the Apple App Store and Google Play.
The Bouncie smart-device is compatible with nearly every vehicle manufactured during the past 20 years. The smartphone app is compatible with both iOS and Android and is available for download in the app marketplaces. Bouncie is a division of Tail Light LLC, a Dallas-based technology company that has delivered innovative products and applications for the automotive industry since 1998. For pricing and additional information, please visit www.bouncie.com.
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/bouncie-connected-car-smart-device-keeps-families-and-caregivers-connected-with-aging-drivers-300503865.html
SOURCE Tail Light