COLUMBIA, Md., April 18, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- BoxTone, the expert in proactive Mobile Service Management (MSM) software, today unveiled a significant enhancement to its leading MSM platform, BoxTone 6, adding a real-time compliance engine with automated workflow to enable IT security, operations and service desk staff to continuously monitor for – and automatically neutralize – threats that can arise when mobile users and devices intentionally or unintentionally do not comply with enterprise mobile security policies.
As enterprises, government agencies, and Managed Services Providers (MSPs) worldwide activate tens of thousands of new mobile smartphones, tablets and applications every day, opportunities for major compliance lapses that can lead to thousands of dollars in losses are accelerating. In fact, Aberdeen Group's recent benchmark study Enterprise Mobility Management 2011: Mobility Becomes Core IT suggests that the financial exposure to an organization from a single compliance lapse can range from USD$10,000 on the low end to over USD$491,000 on the high end.
BoxTone 6 acts as a "mobile insurance policy," pairing initial enterprise device configuration and security with full lifecycle automated mobile security policy compliance enforcement to give all stakeholders peace of mind. When the new BoxTone 6 compliance enhancements are combined with BoxTone's Security Management module and the one-of-a-kind BoxTone Service Desk module, IT teams can scale mobility support across the entire organization without exposing the business to greater security risks, and at the lowest possible cost to support.
The new BoxTone 6 compliance engine adds the following comprehensive capabilities:
- Real-Time Compliance Monitoring: Continuous collection and analysis of information across the end-to-end mobile service; delivering a comprehensive, real-time view and automated enforcement of mobile compliance. The critical security and policy data includes both device-level information (hardware, software, applications, configuration profiles and security policies), as well as current enterprise security policies and system configuration for authorization of each user, their device(s), the services they access, and their Active Directory (AD) profile. This is an end-to-end approach that reaches beyond the device-side agents of traditional Mobile Device Management (MDM) platforms by linking directly into existing enterprise infrastructure, workflows, and policies.
- Real-Time Compliance Enforcement: Leverages rapid identification of enterprise security policy changes or compliance violations and automatically takes rules-based actions to protect the user and the enterprise. Enforcement actions can include directly changing the mobile devices' configuration or security settings to align with policy changes, cutting off the user's device from enterprise access, and/or selectively wiping corporate data. Unlike traditional MDM, no human intervention is required because action is taken immediately; reducing the risk exposure to the enterprise.
- Real-Time Compliance Alerts: Automatic notification of all enforcement actions with details on changes, violations, actions, and recommendations to all relevant stakeholders in Operations, Security and Service Desk teams.
- Compliance Auditing and Reporting: A complete and detailed audit trail of compliance information to satisfy legal, corporate and regulatory auditing requirements. These reports can be scheduled or generated-on-demand reporting, with automatic distribution to key compliance stakeholders and automatic archiving in the BoxTone data warehouse. All compliance activity is fully logged, and includes information on users and devices that have been activated, changed, deactivated or wiped; full configuration and change history for all devices; applications installed/de-installed; and what corporate resources have been accessed and used.
- Enhanced Service Desk Support: BoxTone's Service Desk module is already proven to automate support across the most comprehensive set of mobile devices, applications and platforms; enabling faster first-call resolution (FCR), shortened mean time to resolution (MTTR), and fewer support escalations. The new capabilities in BoxTone 6 mean Level 1 to Level 3 support staff can now access real-time compliance information from within the Service Desk console along with recommended actions and a "1-click Fix-It" system to address any service issue and keep mobile users productive.
"Enterprise mobility cannot be managed with the 'set it and forget it' philosophy of traditional MDM vendors. If this was the case, enterprise mobility would open up a 'Pandora's Box' to huge financial and regulatory risks to the overall business," said Brian Reed, vice president of Products, BoxTone. "Our customers want continuous enforcement of enterprise policies and compliance in real-time throughout the full mobile lifecycle. BoxTone 6 proactively delivers these capabilities for both enterprise-connected smartphones and tablets; allowing businesses to quickly realize the benefits of being fully mobilized at the lowest risk."
BoxTone's Mobile Service Management platform is the industry's only solution to provide full lifecycle Enterprise Mobility Management and includes Mobile Device Management, Mobile Support Management, Mobile Operations Management and Mobile Business Management. Today, BoxTone's software is used by 40 of the Fortune® 100 companies, four of the five largest U.S. Banks, five of the top six U.S. Federal agencies and all of the major managed service providers (MSPs) to provide mobile device, support, operations and business management across more than 800,000 mobile users, devices, and applications.
Availability and Pricing
BoxTone is the only vendor to support all major mobile devices including BlackBerry, iPhone, iPad, Android, Android Tablets, Windows Mobile/Phone 7 and Symbian plus messaging platforms of BES, ActiveSync and Good Technology. BoxTone 6 is available now. Pricing starts at $35 per device.
With more than 800,000 devices under management, BoxTone's proactive Mobile Service Management (MSM) platform is trusted by more than 320 of the world's leading enterprises and government agencies, including 40 of the Fortune® 100, to continuously maintain optimal mobile performance & security at the lowest cost and risk. BoxTone's single unified mobile management platform powered by patented real-time automation technology addresses the entire mobile lifecycle: mobile device management, support management, operations management and business management. BoxTone delivers real-time centralized control of all mobile devices including BlackBerry, Apple iPhone and iPad, Google Android, Nokia Symbian and Windows Phone devices; mobile connectivity services including BlackBerry Enterprise Server, Microsoft ActiveSync and Good Technology; and enterprise mobile applications. Learn more from the expert in proactive Mobile Service Management software solutions at www.boxtone.com, or call +1 410.910.3344.
BoxTone and the BoxTone logo are trademarks of BoxTone. All other product or company names mentioned are used for identification purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Director, Marketing at BoxTone
Ruder Finn for BoxTone