NEW YORK, Jan. 18, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- BrandYourself, a platform that provides software and services to help businesses and individuals clean up their online reputations, has launched new machine learning-powered features to help consumers identify and remove risk factors that could hurt their career prospects. The software also helps consumers build a strong personal brand that leads to career opportunities. The new iteration of the platform scans a user's entire online presence, assigning an overall Reputation Score while identifying harmful risk factors across social media posts, images and Google results.
According to a Career Builder study, over 70% of employers now use social media to screen job candidates before hiring them, up from 60% a year ago. The study also found that 54% of employers decided not to hire a candidate based on their social media profile, highlighting the importance of a positive and active online presence.
"We all leave a giant footprint on the web and organizations increasingly use that data to make important decisions about you. Your online presence now affects your ability to get into college, get a job, or even get a credit card," said Patrick Ambron, CEO at BrandYourself. "This often leads to inaccurate or unfair categorizations of people. Our new platform helps put the power back in the hands of consumers to not only remove any negative or harmful content or images, but help them build positive online reputations that can make a big impact in their real lives."
The new features, which were released after BrandYourself analyzed over 50 million Facebook posts and over 200 million Google results to form a baseline for its machine learning technology, include:
- Reputation Score technology scans and scores your entire online presence, The Reputation Score is the only technology that accurately scours the web and matches your presence against a comprehensive known database of red flags and reinforcing factors that employers use to screen you.
- Search Result Scanner scans Google for any webpages that could put you at risk. The machine learning engine has learned from over 200 million Google results to be able to accurately flag content in search results that could leave a bad first impression.
- Social Post Scanner scans your social media for any unprofessional posts. The machine learning engine has learned from over 50 million posts to accurately flag social posts that cause hiring managers to reject candidates during online screenings.
- Image Scanner scans social media for photos that could get you fired. The machine learning engine has learned from over 5 million photos to accurately flag images containing behavior that could hurt your career opportunities.
- Reputation Builder guides you through crafting an impressive online presence. The intelligent algorithm learns who you are, then walks you step-by-step through building an online presence that maximizes your earning potential.
"The wave of recruitment technology we're seeing in the market today is a great example of Silicon Valley continuing to pour billions of dollars into technologies without questioning if they do more harm than good. They're creating algorithms that decide if you're worth hiring or not, and while that may save a company time, they may not always be effective. In an age of cyberbullying, inadequate online privacy laws, and personal branding gurus--we want to make sure consumers don't get discounted from opportunities because something negative was posted about them online, or they aren't the best self-promoters," added Nate Evans, COO at BrandYourself.
BrandYourself also has a range of in-house managed services for both consumers and businesses. Key offerings include: Personal branding services for individuals, negative search result suppression services for both individuals and businesses, and, a Review Management and a Glassdoor Review Management Program aimed at maintaining a proactive reputation for companies. The team's experts are made up of 50+ employees located in both the NYC and Lancaster, PA company offices.
You can get a free Reputation Report with your Reputation Score here - brandyourself.com. The premium version of the software is available for $99/year. Information about their services can also be found on the site.
BrandYourself provides tools and services that help people and businesses monitor and improve how their image online, helping to clean up risk factors in search results and on social media as well as build a positive personal brand. The BrandYourself platform consists of a DIY online reputation management software that walks users through the process of monitoring and improving their online presence and reputation management services for both personal brands and businesses. The company has raised over 6 million to date and is headquartered in New York.