ALEXANDRIA, Virginia, October 25, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
Oxygen Forensics, the worldwide developer and provider of advanced forensic data examination tools for mobile devices and cloud services, announced today that it has added a Jet-Imager module to its Oxygen Forensic Detective product that allows users to acquire data from Android devices faster saving experts critical time while solving law enforcement cases.
"With the new Jet-Imager module, experts using our products will be able to speed up data acquisition on Android devices which will save them minutes or maybe even hours in some cases and that directly translates to closing cases faster," said Lee Reiber, Oxygen Forensics COO. "Oxygen Forensics will continue to seek ways to speed up the time it takes for forensics experts to do their job since budgets are always in the crosshairs and organizations are constantly looking for ways to save on overtime as well as solve cases more effectively".
Besides the new Jet-Imager module, Oxygen Forensic Detective v. 9.0 significantly improves support for Android devices and adds the following features that are available now:
- Added logical and physical data extraction from Android 7.0 Nougat devices
- Improved logical and physical data extraction from Android 6.0 Marshmallow devices
- Added physical data acquisition via forensic custom recovery method from the most popular Samsung S6, S6 Edge, S6 Edge models. (This method allows the expert to bypass the mobile device screen lock to create a full physical dump from supported Samsung devices)
- Significantly accelerated physical data extraction via custom forensic recovery from Samsung devices.
- Added import and data parsing from physical images of Android devices with YAFFS file systems.
- Added support for Android physical images with F2FS file system.
- Added the ability to extract data via ADB backup from Android 6.x devices.
- Improved support for encrypted Android ADB backups. Added the ability to enter a password during data extraction to decrypt data.
About Oxygen Forensics, Inc.
Founded in 2000, Oxygen Forensics is the worldwide leading maker of the advanced forensic data examination tools for smartphones and other mobile devices. The company is dedicated to delivering the universal forensic solution covering the widest range of mobile devices running Android, iOS, Blackberry, Windows Phone, Symbian and other operating systems. Law enforcement and government agencies, institutions, corporations and private investigators, help desk personnel and thousands of private consumers rely on Oxygen Forensics products to ensure evidence availability in the event of mobile device data analysis and recovery. For more information about Oxygen Forensics, please visit http://www.oxygen-forensic.com.
SOURCE Oxygen Forensics