CHICAGO, Sept. 26, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- ICAP Patent Brokerage, a division of ICAP plc, the world's largest intellectual property brokerage and patent auction firm, is offering for sale a patent portfolio related to rapid-acting intranasal (IN) insulin delivery formulations. The patent portfolio is owned by Marina Biotech, Inc. (Nasdaq: MRNA).
J. Michael French, CEO of Marina Biotech, Inc. commented, "Our intranasal insulin program, originally positioned to serve a diabetic patient population, holds additional promise in the potential treatment of CNS diseases such as Alzheimer's. Our proprietary formulation may provide distinct therapeutic advantages over other intranasal delivered insulin compounds. ICAP Patent Brokerage's platform provides an opportunity to quickly capitalize on the potential of this legacy program and ensures a timely and well-managed auction process for our intranasal compound portfolio."
Key Attributes of Marina Biotech's Formulation:
- US IND is active; preclinical studies, Phase 1 and multicenter Phase 2 clinical trials have been completed, allowing a rapid path to the market
- Plasma insulin from intranasal administration crosses the blood brain barrier into the brain using the dedicated insulin transporter for potential effects on Alzheimer's and other CNS diseases
- Very rapid PK profile: works more quickly on post prandial glucose yet has a lower rate of post meal hypoglycemia compared with insulin analogs as well as a more rapid onset of action than a subcutaneously injected insulin analog
- Delivers insulin to the nasal mucosa - does not enter the lungs.
- Well tolerated by patients
- Can be formulated either with regular insulin or insulin analogs.
- Intranasal insulin formulated with regular insulin is stable at room temperature
- Published data available
To learn more about the assets available for license in this portfolio:
Contact Cameron Gray of ICAP Patent Brokerage at (650) 421-3089 or Cameron.Gray@us.icap.com
About ICAP Patent Brokerage
ICAP Patent Brokerage is a division of ICAP plc and the world's largest intellectual property brokerage and patent auction firm.
ICAP is the world's premier interdealer broker and provider of post trade services. The Group matches buyers and sellers in the wholesale markets in interest rates, credit, commodities, foreign exchange, emerging markets, equities and equity derivatives through voice and electronic networks. ICAP plc was added to the FTSE 100 Index on 30 June 2006. For more information go to www.icap.com.
SOURCE ICAP Patent Brokerage