MIAMI, Nov. 9, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Swire Properties Inc, one of South Florida's leading international developers of urban real estate, along with retail co-developers Whitman Family Development and Simon Property Group, cap off Brickell City Centre's 2015 retail announcements with its largest lineup of luxury and premium retail tenants set to join the open-air shopping center under construction in the heart of Brickell.
The list includes coveted luxury brands, international household names, local favorites and first-time Miami flagships.
- Acqua di Parma – A niche Italian perfume company that also sells skincare, leather goods and a home collection. It will be opening its first brick-and-mortar Miami store at Brickell City Centre.
- IRO – A French fashion label with a cult following among the fashion elite and celebrities, the sleek street-style apparel store is opening its first flagship in Miami. It currently has locations in New York and California.
- Stuart Weitzman – A leader in luxury designer footwear, the U.S. label is a regular on the red carpet and is currently sold in more than 70 countries.
- Coach – The New York-based handbag titan, which recently added women's ready-to-wear apparel, will open its fifth Miami location.
- Porsche Design – Porsche's high-end lifestyle label, which sells ready-to-wear pieces for women and men, handbags and accessories, is opening its third store in Miami.
- Michele Lopriore – A bespoke Italian women's shoe designer whose store at Brickell City Centre will be its first U.S. outpost after decades of success in Europe and abroad.
- Mirto – The leading Spanish tailor made famous for its quality men's shirts with menswear and womenswear sold in 25 countries around the world. This will be Miami's first Mirto.
- Adolfo Dominguez – An elegant Spanish apparel brand for men and women that first opened its doors in Madrid and has since expanded to major fashion capitals around the world.
- Capritouch – An Italian footwear company where shoppers meet with cobblers to design custom sandals, including an option to add Swarovski crystal embellishments. The one-of-a-kind sandals are crafted by skilled artisans from the original shop, which is located on the Island of Capri.
- Santa Maria Novella – The oldest surviving pharmacy in the world, Florence-based Santa Maria Novella sells hand-made skincare, body care and fragrance products that trace back to its original medicinal roots in Italy.
- Diptyque – A Parisian retailer selling luxe home and body fragrances. This will be its first stand-alone store in Florida.
- Nest Casa – A Miami-based showroom by proprietor and former model Sara Colombo, which sells a curated collection of luxury home décor and accessories.
Luxury brands will be located throughout the street-accessible first floor of Brickell City Centre's retail component. Others will open on the second and third floors, emphasizing premium and contemporary retailers along with a mix of beauty, home decor, jewelry, apparel and other stores.
Brickell City Centre will offer a unique vertical shopping experience, a successful shopping model common in international cities and well-recognized by global travelers.
"Brickell City Centre provides a unique retail offering to an underserved international destination that caters to the part-time resident, visitor market and growing business community," said Debora Overholt, senior retail director at Swire Properties. "There's no denying the need for shopping, dining and entertainment options in one of Miami's densest areas."
"This curated mix of tenants meets the diverse demand of our visiting, local and daytime business customers and will secure Brickell's new role as a world-class flagship destination for successful global luxury brands," said Courtney Lord, vice president of leasing for Whitman Family Development.
"We are proud to be bringing onboard these new international brands, many of which have experienced overwhelming success abroad and see Miami as the perfect entry city for their North American debut," said Sharon Polonia, executive vice president of leasing at Simon.
The shopping center will seamlessly connect with Miami's key transportation nodes. Swire Properties is incorporating a Miami Metromover stop that exits directly into the shopping center's third floor to allow easy and convenient access. The shopping center will ease vehicle movement with an expansive two-story underground carpark that traverses streets in the lower level.
The newly revealed brands are fifth in a series of retail announcements for the $1.05 billion mixed-use project. Luxury brands Valentino and Chopard were announced earlier this summer followed by contemporary brands Lululemon, Harmont & Blaine, Cole Haan, Illesteva and OndadeMar, and eateries Pubbelly Sushi, Pasion del Cielo, Quinto La Huella and Sugar. In August, Swire revealed Ted Baker, Agent Provocateur, 100% Capri, Addict, Vilebrequin and APM Monaco. Most recently announced was Giuseppe Zanotti, La Perla, Bally and Kiton.
Leading luxury retailer Saks Fifth Avenue has signed as Brickell City Centre's anchor tenant and will occupy three floors of the shopping center with street-level access. Brickell City Centre's two condominium towers, two Class A office buildings, including one almost entirely leased by international law firm, Akerman, and its EAST, Miami Hotel, will also act as anchors for the shopping center, along with a luxury dine-in theater Cinemex.
The condominium, office, and hotel component at Brickell City Centre are set for completion beginning end of 2015.
About Brickell City Centre
Brickell City Centre is a landmark $1.05 billion, 5.4 million square feet, mixed-use development in downtown Miami from Swire Properties Inc, one of South Florida's leading international developers of real estate known for its $1 billion master-planned development of Brickell Key. The project's first phase includes a luxury and premium shopping center, two residential towers, a hotel with residences, and two mid-rise office towers. The project is LEED®-registered for Neighborhood Development – currently one of the largest in the U.S. Sustainability elements include the $30 million CLIMATE RIBBON™; a masterpiece of art and science, the elevated trellis will span 150,000 square feet, connecting the project's three city blocks and acting as an environmental management system. As the largest private-sector project currently under construction in Miami, Brickell City Centre began vertical construction in 2013 and the first phase of construction is scheduled for completion beginning winter 2015. Phase II is scheduled for commencement end of 2017. More information is available at www.brickellcitycentre.com.
SOURCE Swire Properties Inc