Fully interoperable solutions enable tiered and personalized services
OTTAWA AND WATERLOO, CANADA, Sept. 29 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ - Bridgewater Systems (TSX: BWC), the mobile personalization company, and Sandvine (TSX:SVC; AIM:SAND) a leading provider of network policy control solutions for fixed and mobile operators, today announced that the two companies have successfully completed integration and interoperability testing enabling intelligent policy control solutions for 3G and 4G mobile operators.
- Sandvine and Bridgewater have successfully completed interoperability of Sandvine's Policy Traffic Switch (PTS) which detects network conditions, counts usage and enforces network and subscriber policy decisions defined by the Bridgewater® Policy Controller (PCRF) to manage mobile data growth and deliver new services. The testing included the PCRF Gx and Gy usage metering interfaces for 3GPP-compliant Policy Control Enforcement Points.
- The interoperability testing showcases the two companies' commitment to delivering 3G and 4G policy control solutions that are standards compliant and address next generation services requirements for mobile operators.
- The joint policy solutions enable mobile operators to:
- Deliver tiered services by applying policies that, for example, give Bronze subscribers 500 megabytes per month of data, with no peer-to-peer services or parental controls, while providing Gold subscribers with one gigabyte per month of data including peer-to-peer services and parental controls.
- Personalize applications usage by applying policies such as allowing unlimited social networking for a fixed monthly fee and offering usage restrictions during school hours.
- Ensure fair usage by applying policies based on subscriber service plans and real-time network congestion levels.
- The joint Sandvine and Bridgewater solution is live today in a major North American 4G operator network and the two companies are working together on joint opportunities globally.
Tom Donnelly, Executive Vice President, Sandvine
"With the emergence of more powerful mobile devices, service providers are looking to advance network policy control solutions to manage network congestion and ensure the highest possible quality of experience for the widest range of applications. The Sandvine and Bridgewater integrated solution enables quick and easy deployments of key service creation programs, such as usage management and personalized data plans."
David Sharpley, Senior Vice President, Bridgewater Systems
"Bridgewater and Sandvine have successfully worked together in a major 4G operator deployment and we are now expanding this relationship to include integrated policy solutions. By combining Sandvine's Policy Traffic Switch with the Bridgewater Policy Controller, operators can deliver innovative, personalized services that increase profitability while meeting the increasingly sophisticated requirements of mobile users."
Tags / Keywords
Bridgewater Systems, Sandvine, LTE, WiMAX, 3G, Policy Control, PCRF, DPI, 3GPP, Network Policy Control, Usage Management
Sandvine's network policy control solutions focus on protecting and improving the quality of experience on the Internet.
Our award-winning network equipment and software helps DSL, FTTx, cable, fixed wireless and mobile operators better understand network traffic, manage network congestion, create new services and revenues, mitigate traffic that is malicious or undesirable to subscribers, deliver QoS-prioritized multimedia services and increase subscriber satisfaction. With service provider customers in more than 80 countries serving hundreds of millions of broadband and mobile data subscribers, Sandvine is enhancing the Internet experience worldwide.
About Bridgewater Systems
Bridgewater Systems, the mobile personalization company, enables service providers to efficiently manage and profit from mobile data services, content and commerce. The company's market leading mobile personalization portfolio provides a real-time, unified view of subscribers including entitlements, devices, networks, billing profiles, preferences and context. Anchored by Bridgewater's Subscriber Data Broker™, the portfolio of carrier-grade and standards-based products includes the Bridgewater® Service Controller (AAA), the Bridgewater® Policy Controller (PCRF) and the Bridgewater® Home Subscriber Server (HSS). More than 150 leading service providers including America Movil, Bell Canada, Clearwire, Cox, Hutchison Telecom, Iusacell, Scartel, SmarTone-Vodafone, Sprint, Tata Teleservices, Tatung, Telmex, Telstra, and Verizon Wireless use Bridgewater's solutions to rapidly deliver innovative mobile services to over 150 million subscribers. For more information, visit us at www.bridgewatersystems.com.
Bridgewater, Bridgewater Systems, the Bridgewater Systems logo, WideSpan, Smart Caps, myPolicy, and Subscriber Data Broker are trademarks or registered trademarks of Bridgewater Systems Corporation. All other company, product names and any registered and unregistered trademarks mentioned are used for identification purposes only and remain the exclusive property of their respective owners.
SOURCE: Bridgewater Systems
SOURCE Bridgewater Systems