Comprehensive broadband control portfolio enabling growth of M2M services
OTTAWA, Feb. 9 /PRNewswire/ - Bridgewater Systems (TSX: BWC), the leader in intelligent broadband controls, today announced that during 2010 it surpassed management of more than 10 million devices supporting a range of machine-to-machine (M2M) applications. Bridgewater enables mobile operators to offer a variety of M2M services by securely managing M2M connections on 3G and 4G networks using intelligent broadband controls such as device service control, dynamic policy control, and device identity management.
- More than 10 million devices, on a range of worldwide service provider networks, are supported today by Bridgewater solutions that:
- Manage secure device access to 3G and 4G networks;
- Model complex device network entitlements such as security requirements, time-of-day, day-of-week restrictions; and
- Meter device usage in real time.
- These deployments support numerous M2M applications such as smart meters for utility companies, automotive infotainment services, in-vehicle tracking devices, and mobile payment services.
- The Bridgewater® Policy Controller/PCRF supports dynamic metering and Quality of Service (QoS) control for devices. An M2M service provider recently selected Policy Controller to meter network resource usage on a per-device basis, as part of their comprehensive M2M service offering to global operators.
- The Bridgewater® Service Controller provides device service control (AAA), enabling secure device access to mobile data networks.
- Policy Controller and Service Controller are anchored by Bridgewater's Subscriber Data Broker™, a common subscriber and device identity management platform that allows operators to model devices and their corresponding network entitlements in logical groups, with the ability to target individual devices with unique security or resource requirements.
David Sharpley, Senior Vice President, Bridgewater Systems
"With demand for M2M services expected to grow exponentially, security, scale, and performance are all key concerns for service providers. Bridgewater is uniquely positioned to support this new market opportunity. Our intelligent broadband control portfolio gives service providers the proven solutions they need to manage device access to networks securely, model device entitlements, and meter device consumption of network resources in real time."
Shira Levine, Directing Analyst, Next Gen OSS and Policy, Infonetics Research
"M2M transactions are expected to well outpace human transactions over the next several years, which will drive investment in solutions that can support the high volume micro transactions that are associated with M2M traffic. Intelligent, real-time policy control solutions that are capable of supporting that transaction volume will become increasingly important, as will subscriber and device identity management capabilities that allow the operator to identify and track the data sent between devices. Those vendors with a proven track record in supporting these requirements today are well positioned to support service providers in capitalizing on the M2M market opportunity."
Tags / Keywords
Bridgewater Systems, M2M, Machine-to-Machine, WiMAX, Home Subscriber Server, HSS, Service Controller, AAA, Policy Controller, PCRF, 3G, 4G, service control, device identity management, intelligent broadband controls
About Bridgewater Systems
Bridgewater Systems, the leader in intelligent broadband controls, provides pre-integrated solutions for mobile and converged operators to transform their networks, optimize mobile data growth, and innovate with new services. The Bridgewater portfolio of carrier-grade products includes Service Controller (AAA), Policy Controller (PCRF) and Home Subscriber Server (HSS), anchored by a common identity and device management system. More than 150 leading service providers worldwide leverage Bridgewater to create and deliver profitable services to consumer, enterprise, cloud and machine markets. For more information, visit us at www.bridgewatersystems.com.
Meet with Bridgewater at Mobile World Congress 2011, booth 1F47 to learn more about intelligent broadband control solutions for M2M.
Bridgewater, Bridgewater Systems, the Bridgewater Systems logo, WideSpan, Smart Caps, myPolicy, and Subscriber Data Broker are trademarks or registered trademarks of Bridgewater Systems Corporation. All other company, product names and any registered and unregistered trademarks mentioned are used for identification purposes only and remain the exclusive property of their respective owners.
SOURCE Bridgewater Systems