BEIJING, March 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- China Content Broadcasting Network
- Integrated Full-Band Capture technology enables IP video content streaming to multiple displays, enhancing services and reducing MSO costs per home
- Cable to IP mini-server and transcoding technology enables low-cost DLNA streaming and IP video conferencing
- Support for 802.11ac Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and RF4CE to enable wireless IP streaming and control
- Breakthrough price point and high performance enables deployment across cable networks worldwide
Broadcom Corporation (NASDAQ: BRCM), a global innovation leader in semiconductor solutions for wired and wireless communications, today announced the industry's first low cost, high definition (HD) digital cable set-top box SoCs with integrated Full-Band Capture and IP video server technology. Broadcom's BCM7583 and BCM7584 devices provide entry-level HD and HD-DVR platforms for cable MSOs with features that facilitate internet video streaming capabilities to multiple video devices simultaneously. Visit www.broadcom.com to learn more.
By integrating a complete single chip solution with a high-performance CPU, 3D graphics and Full-Band Capture technologies, the BCM7583 and BCM7584 enable operators throughout the world to provide cost effective and advanced video experiences to subscribers. Broadcom's new STB SoCs also provide state-of-the-art Conditional Access (CA) and Digital Rights Management (DRM) security, enabling the conversion of content from CA to an IP-DRM streaming content to protect the rights of content providers.
"Broadcom's innovative new CATV SoC technology digitizes the entire cable spectrum, delivering multi-screen user experiences in a cost-optimized HD cable mini-server platform," said Dan Marotta, Broadcom's Executive Vice President and General Manager, Broadband Communications Group. "Global operators can now effectively compete against IP and OTT service providers with a high-performance yet lower cost platform that combines the very latest industry technologies in an entry-level solution."
Broadcom will be demonstrating the BCM7583 and BCM7584 cable set-top box solution at CCBN in booth #3201.
- IP and OTT Service providers are attracting subscribers with video services on multiple screens in the home and IP on-demand content services
- Meets the needs of operators to provide cost-effective advanced services, increased ARPU and enhanced user experiences
- Cable operators are demanding low cost, high-performance HD platforms that run HTML5 browser-based user interfaces and OTT services
- Extends Broadcom's industry leading pin compatible entry level solutions (BCM7581 and BCM7582), providing dramatically higher CPU performance
- Integrates an advanced 3D graphics GPU for rich HTML5 applications and over the top (OTT) services
- Four QAM demodulators (BCM7584) or three QAM demodulators (BCM7583) supporting advanced multi-tuner experiences
- 802.11AC Wi-Fi interface supporting industry leading Wi-Fi video and High-Speed data services
- Integrated advanced remote diagnostics reduce operator support costs
- Modular DOCSIS 2.0 and C-DOCSIS support for cost-effective, modular two-way system compatibility:
- Enables cable operators to offer broadband Internet access and video on demand services
- Direct-RF DOCSIS modem interfaces enabling optional video platforms for VOD and internet services
- Reference design kits with optional DOCSIS 2.0 cable modems
- Meets China SARFT DCAS network content protection requirements
The Broadcom BCM7583 and BCM7584 cable set-top box SoCs are currently sampling and are available on multiple reference designs.
Broadcom Corporation (NASDAQ: BRCM), a FORTUNE 500® company, is a global leader and innovator in semiconductor solutions for wired and wireless communications. Broadcom® products seamlessly deliver voice, video, data and multimedia connectivity in the home, office and mobile environments. With the industry's broadest portfolio of state-of-the-art system-on-a-chip and embedded software solutions, Broadcom is changing the world by Connecting everything®. For more information, go to www.broadcom.com.
Broadcom®, the pulse logo, Connecting everything®, the Connecting everything logo are among the trademarks of Broadcom Corporation and/or its affiliates in the United States, certain other countries and/or the EU. Any other trademarks or trade names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.
SOURCE Broadcom Corporation; BRCM Broadband