IRVINE, Calif., April 25, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
- devolo 'Duo' powerline adapters powered by Broadcom® enable a plug-n-play home networking experience.
- Enables service providers to deliver IPTV services throughout the home.
- Features two Ethernet ports to connect game consoles and Blu-ray players into the network while simultaneously watching IPTV
Broadcom Corporation (NASDAQ: BRCM), a global innovation leader in semiconductor solutions for wired and wireless communications, today announced that devolo, a leader in powerline communications, has selected the BCM60321 HomePlug AV Powerline Communications (PLC) system-on-a-chip (SoC) for the 'Duo' home networking product line. Devolo's new PLC adapters feature dual Ethernet ports and let users easily connect multiple devices using existing in-home electrical wiring. For more news from Broadcom, visit our Newsroom.
Based on Broadcom's 40nm single-die technology, the devolo dLAN 200 AV duo enables a fast and high-speed home network by plugging into household wall plugs and features an integrated Ethernet switch for connecting two network devices. Broadcom's BCM60321 solution is HomePlug AV certified and IEEE 1901 compliant.
- High Performance: supports whole-home coverage and the delivery of broadcast multimedia files and Internet data simultaneously.
- Low Power: supports low power consumption of less than 2.5W in full operation and less than 0.5W in standby mode to meet EuP Lot 26 regulations.
- Small Size: shrinks the size of a PLC modem. The world's only single chip PLC solution to allow a modem to be half the size of previous generations.
- Low Cost: lowers the cost of PLC modems by up to 30 percent.
Broadcom is a sponsor member of the HomePlug® Powerline Alliance, the worldwide organization responsible for establishing standards and testing devices for compliance and interoperability.
Broadcom is shipping the BCM60321 HomePlug AV Powerline Communications PLC SoC.
Heiko Harbers, devolo CEO:
"Our dLAN product family meets interoperability, low power and high performance requirements demanded by the industry. Powered by Broadcom, dLAN adapters give consumers an easy way to experience Internet everywhere with a connected hybrid home network. Service providers benefit with an easier delivery of IPTV services to subscribers throughout the home."
Greg Fischer, Broadcom Vice President and General Manager, Broadband Carrier Access, Broadband Communications Group:
"Broadcom supports the important standards and technologies driving Internet, TV and video everywhere, and we are pleased to announce the devolo dLAN product line, powered by Broadcom. With greater performance, interoperability and cost efficiency, Broadcom is proliferating powerline networking devices into the market."
Broadcom Corporation (NASDAQ: BRCM), a FORTUNE 500® company, is a global leader and innovator in semiconductor solutions for wired and wireless communications. Broadcom® products seamlessly deliver voice, video, data and multimedia connectivity in the home, office and mobile environments. With the industry's broadest portfolio of state-of-the-art system-on-a-chip and embedded software solutions, Broadcom is changing the world by Connecting everything®. For more information, go to www.broadcom.com.
Broadcom®, the pulse logo, Connecting everything® and the Connecting everything logo are among the trademarks of Broadcom Corporation and/or its affiliates in the United States, certain other countries and/or the EU. Any other trademarks or trade names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.
SOURCE Broadcom Corporation; BRCM Broadband