PARIS, Sept. 27, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Broadband World Forum (BBWF) --
- Industry's first all-in-one IAD SoC to integrate multi-mode ADSL2+/VDSL2, supporting channel bonding and G.vector with 802.11n, DECT, VoIP and Ethernet Switching into a single chip.
- Leverages Broadcom's leadership in xDSL to provide significant cost and power savings in a smaller footprint.
- Broadcom demonstrations at BBWF will feature next gen reference designs, ushering in new applications for home automation and whole home connectivity.
Broadcom Corporation (NASDAQ: BRCM), a global innovation leader in semiconductor solutions for wired and wireless communications, today announced the industry's first single-chip multi-mode ADSL2+/VDSL2 Integrated Access Device (IAD) SoC with an unprecedented level of integration, delivering triple play services throughout the home. Find out more at Broadcom @ BBWF.
The new Broadcom BCM63168 xDSL IAD SoC integrates 802.11n, Gigabit Ethernet Switching, DECT, VoIP, Packet and Quality of Service Acceleration, and xDSL transceiver supporting Channel Bonding and G.vector into a single chip. This achievement enables carriers to meet the growing demand for triple play services with significant cost, size and power savings. Additionally, it deploys a higher performing, remotely manageable and eCOC compliant solution.
- The BCM63168 xDSL IAD SoC combines Broadcom's DSL industry leadership and proven ability in designing complete ADSL2+/VDSL2 carrier access solutions to reduce overall system cost and power, and meet the growing demands for high-bandwidth triple play services. Key features include:
- Multi-mode xDSL transceiver with seamless fallback supporting G.inp, G.vector and channel bonding.
- High performance 400MHz dual-core MIPS CPU with packet and Quality of Service offload for advanced routing and service provided applications.
- Dual-band selectable 802.11n for wireless connectivity throughout the home.
- Gigabit Ethernet Switching with integrated Ethernet PHYs and multiple RGMII ports for flexible expansion and connectivity.
- Multi-channel HD-voice.
- Robust DECT/CAT-iq/ULE compliant core for cordless telephone support and home automation.
- Expansion ports such as PCIe for dual-band concurrent 802.11n and USB 2.0 for printers, cameras and mass storage.
- Advanced, seamless power management functionality that addresses European Code of Conduct requirements.
- Complete, hardened and turnkey software environment.
- Broadcom will showcase several new reference designs based on the BCM63168 at BBWF 2011 including:
- xDSL Home Gateway Platform with integrated HomePlug® AV Powerline Communications (PLC) and Wi-Fi for multi-mode whole-home connectivity. Also features dual-band concurrent Wi-Fi for high performance triple-play connectivity.
- Advanced VDSL physical layer rates via G.vector and Channel Bonding.
- DECT Ultra Low Energy (ULE) capability for home automation.
Greg Fischer, VP & GM, Broadband Carrier Access, Broadcom
"Broadcom's industry first BCM63168 xDSL IAD solution offers carriers a complete system that realizes significant cost and power savings, ushering in high-bandwidth triple play services. We look forward to showcasing next generation reference designs, which will open the market to new applications for home automation and whole-home connectivity."
Subscribe to RSS Feed: Broadband Communications Group
LEARN MORE: Broadcom @ BBWF
Broadcom Corporation (NASDAQ: BRCM), a FORTUNE 500® company, is a global leader and innovator in semiconductor solutions for wired and wireless communications. Broadcom® products seamlessly deliver voice, video, data and multimedia connectivity in the home, office and mobile environments. With the industry's broadest portfolio of state-of-the-art system-on-a-chip and embedded software solutions, Broadcom is changing the world by Connecting everything®. For more information, go to www.broadcom.com.
Broadcom®, the pulse logo, Connecting everything®, and the Connecting everything logo are among the trademarks of Broadcom Corporation and/or its affiliates in the United States, certain other countries and/or the EU. Any other trademarks or trade names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.
SOURCE Broadcom Corporation; BRCM Broadband