SMITHFIELD, R.I., March 9, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Forbes magazine recently listed a Master's in Economics as one of the "Master's Degrees with the Highest Salary Potential" with mid-career income between $115,000 - $121,000. Bryant University's new graduate Applied Economics program focuses on the practical application of critical economics analysis. Students will learn sophisticated research and problem-solving skills: how to interpret results, design policies, make economic recommendations, and consult in employment settings such as business, government, sports, arts and entertainment, health care, banking, and finance. Emphasis is on developing data analysis expertise, an area of huge need in the current employment market.
An experiential learning opportunity provides students with an internship/practicum (usually paid) that aligns with their preferred career path.
TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THE PROGRAM, VISIT: http://gradschool.bryant.edu/msae.
Both of the new Applied Economics programs are open to graduates of all undergraduate majors and can be pursued full- or part-time. Applications are now being accepted for the fall 2017 semester.
"This is a tremendous opportunity for students interested in pursuing a career in economics to learn from a world-class faculty," said Dr. Edinaldo Tebaldi, program director. "We're especially excited about the immersive experiential learning component that will provide the real-world expertise, experience, and confidence to make a quick impact in their first employment opportunity after graduating."
- Merit-based scholarships (limited number).
- Open to all undergraduate majors.
- Master's program is a blend of on-campus and online classes. The Certificate program is entirely online.
- All credits from the Certificate program can be rolled into the Master's program.
- Emphasis is on practical career application of economics expertise.
- Students learn to use data analysis tools including Stata, SAS, Eviews, Tableau, PowerBi, SQL, and Excel Analysis ToolPak.
- Immersive experiential learning (usually paid internships/practicums) builds real-world expertise.
- Personalized course of study through electives, directed study, and a choice of two culminating options.
- Built-in flexibility: the time required to complete the Master's or Certificate programs depends entirely on your preferred pace.
- Designed to fit the schedule of working professionals (evenings) who seek to enhance their expertise or change careers.
- Graduates will be qualified for employment as economic researchers, analysts, consultants, and other positions in a wide variety of private and public enterprises.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/bryant-university-introduces-new-master-of-science-in-applied-economics-300420377.html
SOURCE Bryant University