MENLO PARK, Calif., Nov. 15, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Bullpen Capital announced that the 3rd annual Post-Seed Conference will take place Thursday, December 1 at the The Village in San Francisco. The event will gather venture capitalists, early-stage founders, and the startup press for a discussion of Post Seed, the gap between Seed and Series A financing rounds. Investors representing nearly $37 billion in total capital will be present at the conference.
"Post Seed has become a permanent feature of the tech ecosystem," said Paul Martino, General Partner at Bullpen Capital. "Bullpen co-hosts this conference because we identified the Post-Seed gap early, and we want to help founders navigate it. This day is about raising up another generation of great startups."
This year, keynote speakers include: Social Capital Founder Chamath Palihapitiya, Felicis Ventures Founder Aydin Senkut, Twilio Founder & CEO Jeff Lawson, Giants Co-Owner Dan Scheinman, and Byron Deeter, Partner at Bessemer Ventures.
WHAT: Post-Seed Conference
DATE: Thursday, December 1, 2016
PLACE: The Village. 69 Market St, San Francisco, CA
PRICE: $550 for General Admission, $349 for Scrappy Startups, $725 for Day-Of Walk-Ins: Get tickets at http://bit.ly/postseed
CONTACT: RSVP email: [email protected]
Speakers and topics include:
- How Are Early-Stage VCs Thinking About This Gap, and Navigating Through It? Chamath Palihapitiya, Founder of Social Capital, and Aydin Senkut, Founder of Felicis Ventures.
- How to Win at Baseball, Cisco and Seed Investing: Dan Scheinman, angel investor and Co-Owner of the SF Giants to sit down with Paul Martino of Bullpen Capital.
- Investing in Categories No One is Paying Attention To: A conversation with Michael Ma, General Partner at Liquid 2 Ventures, Dave Peterson, Co-Founder and Partner at Play Bigger Advisors, Christine Herron, Director at Intel Capital, Chris Paik, Partner at Thrive Capital, and Aeref Hilaly, Partner at Sequoia Capital.
- Getting to the Super-Sized A Round and Liquidity: Winter Mead, VP at Sapphire Ventures, Josh Elman, Partner at Greylock, Shruti Gandhi, Partner at Array Ventures, Brenda Smith, President of CV Brokerage, and Brian O'Malley, Partner at Accel Partners discuss.
- From Seed to IPO: Jeff Lawson, Founder and CEO of Twilio, talks to Byron Deeter, Partner at Bessemer Venture Partners.
- Magic Box Paradigm – An Unconventional Approach to M&A: Ezra Roizen, Founder, ADVSR sits down with Alastair Goldfisher, Editor of Venture Capital Journal & PE Hub.
Tickets for this day-long event sell out quickly. To reserve a spot at the Post Seed Conference, register here.
To find more info about Post Seed financing, visit the conference website and check out snippets from past conferences:
About Bullpen Capital
Bullpen Capital is the leader in Post-Seed financing. Founded in 2010, Bullpen was among the first venture capital firms to identify and service the growing gap between Seed and Series A rounds. Bullpen's portfolio of over 50 investments includes Fanduel, Ipsy, SpotHero, Namely, Classy, and AirMap. Bullpen's founders previously started over a dozen companies including Electronic Arts, Covad, and Aggregate Knowledge. Prior to Bullpen, the team invested in the first rounds of several companies including Udemy, Tanium, and Zynga. The team is based in Menlo Park, California and invests in startups around the world. Learn more at www.bullpencapital.com.
SOURCE Bullpen Capital