MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., May 2, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Take the demand for shrinking recovery times and recovery points, add to it the continuous growth of critical data (a robust 52% per year, according to the IDC), not to mention the deploying of server virtualization at unprecedented rates, and ever-shrinking budgets – and it's crunch time for IT departments everywhere. But the challenges don't end there. Stringent service-level agreements, rollouts of new business applications, cost containment and compliance audits are also keeping IT departments everywhere on their collective toes.
So how can you protect and recover your company's critical data and systems 24/7 in today's ever-evolving climate? The need for consistent and reliable data protection that improves the efficiency of systems and staff is critical – and should include:
- Reliable and fast data, system, and application recovery.
- Improved recovery times, reduced storage consumption, and centralized data from remote offices.
- Increased operational efficiency with automated backup tasks, simplified management, and recovery in minutes - not hours or days.
- Data protection and recovery for both physical and virtual systems.
Backup and recovery challenges are evolving and today's businesses need data protection solutions that can help reduce backup and recovery times and control costs. Symantec offers several recovery management solutions, including:
- Symantec NetBackup. This established market leader in data protection provides unparalleled data protection for Next Generation Data Centers and the ability to protect completely, store efficiently, recover anywhere, find easily and manage centrally.
- NetBackup RealTime. Offers continuous data protection (CDP) and replication for critical applications helping to dramatically reduce recovery time and data loss. Backup windows can be eliminated and administrators can recover instantly or to any point in time. It can recover terabytes of data in seconds without any extra storage.
- Symantec Backup Exec 2010. Delivers reliable Windows server backup and recovery designed for growing businesses. Protect more data while you reduce storage and management costs through integrated deduplication and archiving technology.
- Symantec Backup Exec System Recovery 2010. A simple, cost-effective backup and recovery solution for small businesses that helps minimize downtime and avoid disaster by easily recovering individual data files/folders or complete Windows systems in minutes.
Data protection and recovery challenges are constantly fluctuating and businesses need solutions that work. To see more products or find additional resources, visit http://www.symantec.com/business/solutions/solutiondetail.jsp?solid=sol_storage&solfid=sol_data_protection.
Connect Public Relations