PRINCETON, N.J., June 11, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Business leaders from across the US and over 13 countries are expected to converge in Philadelphia October 8-9, 2012, to hear world-renowned leadership expert Daniel Goleman, PhD, discuss the critical role of emotional intelligence in building the most effective models of leadership. Goleman will deliver the keynote address and workshop on emotional intelligence at The Future of Talent Management: Aligning Culture and Leadership, a global conference hosted by Caliper Corporation, a worldwide human capital management assessment and development firm headquartered in Princeton, NJ.
"I'm pleased to be part of a conference focused on a critical component of productive workplaces: aligning culture and leadership," said Daniel Goleman. "As teams are expected to accomplish more with less, leaders must master the art of persuading and inspiring people to work toward a common goal. Emotional intelligence in leadership can help executives foster a culture that encourages and supports innovation, hard work and company loyalty," he said.
The Caliper conference offers business decision-makers an extensive line-up of sessions that will closely examine the greatest challenges and opportunities facing businesses in today's economy. These topics will include best practices and insights into managing intergenerational teams, identifying and appropriately cultivating up-and-coming leaders in an organization, building and sustaining effective virtual teams across cultures and time zones, and developing a proactive approach to succession planning.
"We are excited to be bringing together business leaders from around the world for our conference in Philadelphia," said Patrick Sweeney, Caliper's president. "The conference gives executives an ideal forum for discussing the strategies that all companies need to align visionary leadership with corporate culture. And our keynote speaker, Daniel Goleman, will draw from his scientific research on leadership for his workshop about what leaders need to become truly effective at guiding and leading an organization. This is a fabulous opportunity for decision-makers who are looking to be at the top of their game."
The conference will kick off with a welcome from Dave Power, founder of J.D. Power and Associates and longtime supporter of Caliper. The 16 sessions over the two-day leadership conference include:
- Leadership: The Power of Emotional Intelligence – Keynote presentation and workshop by Daniel Goleman, PhD gives leaders specific tools and a scientific approach to developing highly effective management, performance and innovation.
- Six Essential Dimensions of Sales Leadership – Sales skills are critically important, but this session highlights the other dimensions of sales leadership that are required to achieve goals in today's fast-paced, hyper-competitive markets.
- Intergenerational Communications – This seminar will explore generational differences and explain how different generations can effectively communicate and collaborate in the workplace.
- 10 Tips for Building an Effective Virtual Team – Participants will learn how an individual's personality impacts an entire team's success when teams work virtually, and how managers can build a strong offsite team.
- Best Practices in the Identification and Development of High-Potential Leaders – This workshop will explore methods for assessing potential in prospective leaders and cultivating their leadership talents.
- Succession Planning – This session details the process and approach for succession planning by defining business objectives, articulating a growth strategy, and defining the competencies needed for successful leadership.
Details about the conference and information on registration are available at https://www.calipercorp.com/aboutus/2012globalconference.aspx.
Caliper is a leading human capital management assessment and development firm. For over 50 years, Caliper has helped over 28,000 organizations globally improve every aspect of managing their talent. Starting with accurate, objective insights that Caliper consultants gain from the proprietary Caliper Profile, the company delivers tangible improvements in the performance of individuals and the organizations for which they work. Caliper Founder and CEO Herb Greenberg, Ph.D., developed the Caliper Profile, which has assessed the potential of more than 3.5 million applicants and employees. Dr. Greenberg and Patrick Sweeney, President of Caliper are the authors of the New York Times bestseller, "Succeed on Your Own Terms" and "How to Hire & Develop Your Next Top Performer," a second edition of which is releasing this September. For more information visit www.calipercorp.com.
617 372 1539