ST. PETERSBURG, Fla., June 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- C1 Bank announced today that C1 Bank CEO Trevor Burgess won the 2013 Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Of The Year® Award in Florida in the financial services category.
This esteemed award recognizes entrepreneurs who demonstrate excellence and extraordinary success in such areas as innovation, financial performance and personal commitment to their businesses and communities. Burgess received the award June 13th during Ernst & Young's annual gala at the Fontainebleau Miami.
"It is such an honor to be recognized as Florida Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year, and I could not have done it without the support of the great team at C1 Bank. We have over 200 dedicated associates helping Florida families finance the homes of their dreams, and Florida businesses finance job growth and recovery," said C1 Bank CEO Trevor Burgess.
In his acceptance speech Trevor recognized three other entrepreneurs that had significantly contributed to his career:
- Bill Sedgeman, the founder of Community Bank of Manatee, the first bank acquired to make up what is today C1 Bank. C1 Bank's foundation comes from Bill's strong ethical compass.
- Steve Ells, the founder of Chipotle, who taught Trevor that all the details matter and that a dedication to consistently improving your product can yield big results.
- Marcelo Lima, Trevor's business partner and friend, without whom the C1 Bank adventure would not have been possible. Marcelo and Trevor's daily interchange enhances innovation and allows the entrepreneurial spirit to thrive.
"C1 Bank is being built by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs. Our team is dedicated to helping every client, from the start-up business to the established multinational, and to making sure our clients have access to the financial resources they need to succeed. C1 Bank is different because we care more and try harder," continued Burgess.
Burgess will join the other regional award winners for consideration for the Ernst & Young National Entrepreneur Of The Year Program, which will be announced at the annual awards gala in Palm Springs, California, on Nov. 17, 2013. The awards are the culminating event of the Ernst & Young Strategic Growth Forum, the nation's most prestigious gathering of high-growth, market-leading companies.
About Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Of The Year®
Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Of The Year is the world's most prestigious business award for entrepreneurs. The unique award makes a difference through the way it encourages entrepreneurial activity among those with potential, and recognizes the contribution of people who inspire others with their vision, leadership and achievement. As the first and only truly global award of its kind, Entrepreneur Of The Year celebrates those who are building and leading successful, growing and dynamic businesses, recognizing them through regional, national and global awards programs in more than 140 cities in more than 50 countries.
About Trevor Burgess: Mr. Burgess serves as the Bank's CEO and as the CEO of the Bank's holding company. He was recognized for his work with C1 Bank as the 2013 Florida E&Y Entrepreneur of the Year in the financial services category. He began entrepreneurial investing with Marcelo Faria de Lima in 2008. Prior to then, Mr. Burgess was a Managing Director at Morgan Stanley where he was an investment banker in New York, Los Angeles and London. At Morgan Stanley, he executed over 100 transactions raising over $50 billion for his clients. Earlier in his career he was a consultant at Michael Porter's Monitor Company in Cambridge, Massachusetts. He earned his bachelors degree from Dartmouth College in 1994. Mr. Burgess has served as a C1 Bank director since acquiring control of C1 Bank's predecessor bank on December 3, 2009.
About C1 Bank: C1 Bank is a local, independent bank that serves thousands of sophisticated savers and borrowers from 21 locations in Tampa Bay, a loan production office in Miami and online at www.C1Bank.com. C1 Bank is a leader in checking, savings and money markets, residential mortgages, business loans, SBA loan programs, and association and treasury services. C1 Bank is the Official Bank of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, the Official Bank of the Outback Bowl and a Corporate Partner of the Miami HEAT.
C1 Bank services include:
- Full Service Checking, Savings and Money Market depository products for consumers and businesses
- Residential mortgages, includes 30 years fixed, jumbo, NRA and portfolio loan products, all approved with quick local decision making
- Business loans and commercial real estate loans, up to $23 million, to assist local businesses grow
- Small Business Administration loans, up to $5 million – C1 Bank is a Preferred Lender and is consistently ranked as one of the region's top SBA lenders
- Emerald Banking is dedicated a team of bankers who serve physicians, lawyers, accountants and other professionals
- Association and Treasury Services - providing lockbox services to condominium associations and other businesses in need of sophisticated treasury management solutions
SOURCE C1 Bank