LAS VEGAS, Nov. 14, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- CA WORLD -- CA Technologies (NASDAQ: CA) announced its 2011 Agility Made Possible Awards* today at its CA World user conference, recognizing customers using the company's products and solutions in innovative ways to achieve business success.
The awards recognize outstanding customer achievements in three categories:
The Vision Award - recognizes demonstrable success in defining a roadmap and vision for delivering services and applications at the speed the business demands.
The Impact Award- recognizes measurable results around implementing an agility roadmap and vision, to deliver business value and an optimal customer experience.
The Progress Award- recognizes organizations that have achieved outstanding implementation success or process improvements. Initiatives in this category, even if not complete, demonstrate excellent planning or communications and project success.
"Our customers are using CA Technologies solutions to deliver more value, become more efficient and out-innovate their competition," said David Dobson, executive vice president and group executive, Customer Solutions Group, CA Technologies. "Each of these winners understands that today's changing IT business environment requires maximum flexibility and agility. We are pleased to recognize our customers who have demonstrated innovative solutions that maximize value from their IT investments."
The awards are presented in five technology areas: Mainframe, Security, Service Assurance, Service and Portfolio Management, and Virtualization and Automation.
CA Technologies 2011 Agility Made Possible Awards honored the following customers in these technology areas:
- Vision–Australian Government Department of Human Services, for implementing CA Compliance Manager to automate compliance reporting and safeguard the integrity of customer data and benefit payments.
- Impact–Health Care Service Corporation (HCSC) Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas, for vendor consolidation that resulted in cost savings and provided integration of the CA Application Quality and Testing Tools with CA Endevor® Software Change Manager. The integration has led to increased staff productivity and improved efficiency, by automating the testing environment and providing a seamless progression for applications, from test to production.
- Progress–Coop Danmark, for its use of CA Gen, CA Datacom® and CA Erwin® Data Modeler to create a foundation of components for a new customer web portal that has improved its relationship with its customers and increased business for the company.
- Vision- Cox Communications, Inc. for implementing CA SiteMinder® to develop re-usable security frameworks which support rapid deployment of web business initiatives.
- Impact–ELAL Airlines, for improving productivity and reducing the risks of privileged users with CA Identity Manager and CA Access Control.
- Progress- SFR, for increasing the security of its online store's web applications and sales portal through the integrated use of CA Arcot WebFort® and CA SiteMinder.
- Vision–(a tie) First Data Corporation, for utilizing CA LISA Suite to eliminate constraints in its environment, shift quality left, and deliver faster, while avoiding millions of dollars of investment in infrastructure costs, manual labor and third party service fees that traditionally inhibit the progress of product development; and Raymond James, for uniquely leveraging CA Service Assurance solutions along with other areas of the CA Technologies portfolio.
- Impact - Oi, for the use of CA Infrastructure Management to positively impact the company by enabling higher customer satisfaction and increased competitiveness.
- Progress – Qualcomm, for utilizing CA Service Operations Insight to meet the demands of the explosive growth of the mobile device market and achieve aggressive growth plans that support the company's business service vision.
Service and Portfolio Management
- Vision - Spectrum Health Systems, for utilizing Service and Portfolio Management solutions from CA Technologies to drive fact-based decisions, and achieve a balanced scorecard of improvements in areas such as IT service transformation, change management, and software compliance reporting.
- Impact - LogicainIberia, for leveraging CA Business Service Insight to create and offer agile services without increasing management overhead costs. The company estimates that streamlining its offerings and increasing the Service Level Management capability will lead to considerable savings, and an impressive daily control of a wide set of SLA's/KPI's indicators.
- Progress–(a tie) Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company, for making significant strides in establishing common policies and standardized processes with the help of CA Clarity PPM; and T-Mobile USA Enterprise Program Office, for harnessing the power of CA's Clarity PPM solution to make tremendous progress in the delivery of portfolio, project, financial and resource management services. The EPO's efforts have resulted in a significant increase in precision and efficiency, in planning and executing on T-Mobile's enterprise and strategic plans.
Virtualization and Automation
- Impact–WiproInfocrossing, for providing IasA in the Cloud for their customers as the first expression of their Dynamic Adaptive Infrastructure (DAI), where clients can elastically license additional capacity to meet their needs based on an Infocrossing Cloud offering powered by CA Automation Suite for Data Centers.
- Progress - Fujitsu Technology Solutions, the leading European IT infrastructure provider, for offering best practice solutions to manage both the lifecycle of client environments, and the server landscape with minimized implementation efforts, and the highest level of automation using Fujitsu ManageNow, based on CA Client Automation, CA Server Automation and CA Process Automation.
* Formerly the V.I.P. Awards.
About CA Technologies
CA Technologies (NASDAQ: CA) is an IT management software and solutions company with expertise across all IT environments – from mainframe and distributed, to virtual and cloud. CA Technologies manages and secures IT environments and enables customers to deliver more flexible IT services. CA Technologies innovative products and services provide the insight and control essential for IT organizations to power business agility. The majority of the Global Fortune 500 relies on CA Technologies to manage evolving IT ecosystems. For additional information, visit CA Technologies at www.ca.com.
Follow CA Technologies
Copyright © 2011 CA. All Rights Reserved. One CA Plaza, Islandia, N.Y. 11749. All other trademarks, trade names, service marks, and logos referenced herein belong to their respective companies.
SOURCE CA Technologies