LAS VEGAS, Nov. 14, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- CA WORLD – CA Technologies today announced two new identity and access management (IAM) cloud security services that expand its portfolio of IAM-as-a-service solutions. These services mark another step in the company's strategy to help customers use and provide cloud and traditional business services that enable IT to be more agile and operate at the speed the business demands.
The new cloud solutions, CA IdentityMinder as-a-Service and CA FedMinder as-a-Service, join the company's existing advanced authentication services as part of the new CA CloudMinder™ family of IAM cloud solutions.
"Organizations are moving their applications to the cloud for cost reduction, for simplicity, and to better meet the rapidly changing demands of the business. While organizations strive 'to do more with less,' they are discovering that moving to the cloud can provide greater capabilities in an era of flat IT budgets," said Mark Diodati, research vice president, Gartner Inc. "Organizations are leveraging identity management as a service (IDaaS) offerings — turnkey, productized capabilities that can be run on-premises or in a hosted, multi-tenant environment — to reduce costs, accommodate the rapidly changing demands of the business, and better focus on organizational priorities."*
CA IdentityMinder as-a-Service and CA FedMinder as-a-Service offer all the benefits of a cloud deployment model, including elasticity to expand or contract service support as needed, shorter deployment cycles and cost-savings as a result of reduced IT administration.
"As the IT environment shifts to include cloud applications and services alongside traditional on-premise applications, identity and access management also must shift," said Mike Denning, general manager, Security business, CA Technologies. "The hybrid application environment adds a level of complexity that IT must manage and secure in a way that balances the risk / reward scenario for the organization. That balance may require both on-premise deployments of IAM solutions and cloud-delivered IAM security services. We are providing our proven IAM solutions the way the customers tell us they want them – either on-premise, as a service or a mix of both."
The new services provide customers several key capabilities for increasing security and improving operational efficiencies. They offer integration with CA AuthMinder as-a-Service, empowering customers to add strong authentication for accessing CA IdentityMinder as-a-Service and CA FedMinder as-a-Service. This supplements standard user name and password authentication. In addition, the services support customization of the web user interface to help customers meet their organizational requirements, and ease end-user adoption and training.
CA IdentityMinder as-a-Service
CA IdentityMinder as-a-Service offers robust identity management capabilities including:
- User Management – Streamlines efficiencies by offering self-service capabilities so users can manage attributes of their own identities. They can reset passwords, request access to resources, and manage both profile and security information.
- Provisioning – Offers hybrid capabilities to provision and deprovision users to both on-premise and cloud-based services and applications. It also offers the capability to add, delete and modify users and their identity attributes.
- Access Requests – Automates and streamlines user access requests for on-premise or cloud applications by leveraging out-of-the-box approval and fulfillment workflows.
- Reporting and Auditing – Aids in compliance processes by simplifying reporting on user activity and access, new identities or existing identity attribute changes, and service levels.
CA FedMinder as-a-Service
CA FedMinder as-a-Service helps authorized users within one organization securely access the data and applications or cloud services of another organization by offering:
- Single sign-on across domains – Provides single sign-on and single logout across federated security domains to both cloud and on-premise applications.
- Standards-based federation – Supports Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML) 1.1 and 2.0, and facilitates federation to a wide range of partner websites.
- Identity provider control – Provides configurable policies that allow administrators to determine what kind of information to share with partners and under what conditions.
CA CloudMinder Portfolio
CA CloudMinder IAM as-a-Service solutions are highly scalable and configurable solutions that provide customers the option to support their IAM initiatives with cloud services. They support customers as they transition from simply managing IT to delivering business services. CA Technologies applies a unique value roadmap to each customer's business goals to deliver Business Service Innovation: new levels of speed, innovation, performance and cost/risk efficiencies.
The portfolio includes the new cloud solutions announced today, CA AuthMinder as-a-Service (formerly CA Arcot A-OK for WebFort®), and CA RiskMinder as-a-Service (formerly CA Arcot A-OK for RiskFort™) which provides risk-based authentication to protect against breaches and fraud.
* Gartner, Inc., "Market Profile: Identity Management as a Service (IDaaS)," by Mark Diodati, Sept. 20, 2011.
About CA Technologies
CA Technologies (NASDAQ: CA) is an IT management software and solutions company with expertise across all IT environments – from mainframe and distributed, to virtual and cloud. CA Technologies manages and secures IT environments and enables customers to deliver more flexible IT services. CA Technologies innovative products and services provide the insight and control essential for IT organizations to power business agility. The majority of the Global Fortune 500 relies on CA Technologies to manage evolving IT ecosystems. For additional information, visit CA Technologies at www.ca.com.
Follow CA Technologies
Copyright © 2011 CA. All Rights Reserved. One CA Plaza, Islandia, N.Y. 11749. All other trademarks, trade names, service marks, and logos referenced herein belong to their respective companies.
SOURCE CA Technologies