ISLANDIA, N.Y., June 2 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- CA Technologies (Nasdaq: CA) presented its 2010 VIP Awards at CA World to customers and partners who use the company's products and solutions in innovative ways to achieve business success. The awards recognize outstanding achievements in five areas: Mainframe, Project and Portfolio Management, Security, Service Assurance, and Virtualization and Service Automation.
"Our customers are using CA Technologies' solutions to drive innovation and business agility," said Ajei Gopal, executive vice president, Products and Technology Group, CA Technologies. "Each of our winners understands that IT management and security are the keys to deriving the maximum value from their IT investments."
"VIP" refers to three distinct awards for Vision, Impact and Progress:
- The Vision Award recognizes success in achieving excellence in IT management and for demonstrating a clear vision of how IT supports overall enterprise success.
- The Impact Award recognizes demonstrable and measurable results from improved IT, especially in terms of productivity, financial benefits, quality improvements and/or customer satisfaction.
- The Progress Award recognizes organizations that have achieved outstanding implementation success or process improvements and demonstrate excellent planning or communications.
CA Technologies honored the following customers:
- Vision –BNP Paribas, for implementing CA Mainframe Software Manager to automate, simplify and standardize the installation and maintenance of CA Technologies' products.
- Impact: CAIXA, for taking advantage of the CA Mainframe Value Program to improve the efficiency and performance of mission-critical CA Technologies' products.
- Progress – Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company, for expanding the scope of CA Workload Automation to integrate scheduling across mainframe and open systems.
Project and Portfolio Management
- Vision – McKesson, which is using CA Clarity™ PPM to help support its goals of greater collaboration, reduced project delivery costs, and improved service quality across the enterprise.
- Impact – CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield, for realizing millions of dollars in savings by consolidating contractors, better scheduling projects, and releasing resources more quickly.
- Progress – Avis Europe, which deployed CA Clarity PPM, with assistance from CA Technologies' partner Sandhill Consultants, to predict the effects of changes to its work force and the project mix, and obtain new insights to its capacity plan.
- Vision - Canon USA, for using CA Security solutions to improve IT processes as part of achieving their IT Management/Governance vision.
- Impact –Vanguard Group, for enhancing productivity using CA Identity Manager.
- Progress –UniCredit Group, for improving productivity, efficiencies and simplifying management of user identities, and authorization for its Italian business unit.
- Vision –Verizon Business, for helping its cloud services customers achieve greater visibility into their network's application performance with the adoption of the CA Service Assurance solution.
- Impact –Intuit, for facilitating its SaaS business model by monitoring 20 customer-facing online applications as well as hundreds of underlying servers and networking devices with the CA Service Assurance solution.
- Progress –Starwood Hotels and Resorts, for reliably accommodating more than 8 million transactions daily using the CA Service Assurance solution.
Virtualization and Service Automation
- Vision –MGM MIRAGE, for maximizing productivity and demonstrating the vision and power of an integrated suite of CA Service Management and Automation technology.
- Progress –Baker Tilly, for being an early adopter and demonstrating successful migration to Windows 7 by streamlining and automating the process, helping to enhance the efficiency of the IT team, and minimizing costly downtime.
About CA Technologies
CA Technologies (Nasdaq: CA) is an IT management software and solutions company with expertise across all IT environments – from mainframe and distributed, to virtual and cloud. CA Technologies manages and secures IT environments and enables customers to deliver more flexible IT services. CA Technologies' innovative products and services provide the insight and control essential for IT organizations to power business agility. The majority of the Global Fortune 500 relies on CA Technologies to manage evolving IT ecosystems. For additional information, visit CA Technologies at www.ca.com. Follow CA Technologies on Twitter at www.twitter.com/cainc.
Connect with CA Technologies
Copyright © 2010 CA Technologies. All Rights Reserved. One CA Plaza, Islandia, N.Y. 11749. All trademarks, trade names, service marks, and logos referenced herein belong to their respective companies.
The results illustrated here are based upon the respective customer's experiences with the referenced software product in a variety of environments, which may include production and nonproduction environments. Past performance of the software products in such environments is not necessarily indicative of the future performance of such software products in identical, similar or different environments.
Phone: (407) 620-2136
SOURCE CA Technologies