BETHPAGE, N.Y., Oct. 17, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Cablevision Systems Corporation (NYSE: CVC) today announced the launch of a new iO en espanol programming package, now with 45 Spanish-language channels and more content from Puerto Rico, Cuba and Peru. This new package brings customers across Cablevision's Tri-State service area even more Spanish-language news and entertainment than ever before.
iO en espanol features a broad spectrum of television programming from the most recognized Spanish-language channels around the world including sports, news, telenovelas, documentaries, movies and entertainment with beloved global celebrities and stars. iO en espanol also includes more than 100 hours per month of On Demand programming at no additional charge, allowing customers to watch a wide variety of popular movies and shows at their convenience.
"iO en espanol is one of our most popular and comprehensive international offerings, and this new expanded package delivers even more great content, demonstrating our continued commitment to providing the best value and services to our customers," said Bradley Feldman, Cablevision's vice president, video product management. "With 45 Spanish-language channels, iO en espanol offers a full array of local news and entertainment programming from a diverse collection of countries. We are proud of what we have been able to build and offer to our customers, with iO en espanol."
New channels in the new iO en espanol TV package include:
- Cbeebies -- An educational, interactive and entertaining preschool channel from the BBC, with a high quality programming mix including animation, storytelling, puppets and live action, engaging children in a fun "learn through play" experience.
- Cuba Play -- Features 100% original Cuban-produced television programming, never before seen in the U.S., including sports, movies, documentaries, children's programming, telenovelas and comedy.
- Discovery Familia -- Discovery Kids, available during the day, provides an entertaining and educational experience for preschoolers. At night Discovery Familia has shows for the whole family on topics from cooking and home improvement, to parenting and relationships, to beauty and health.
- LAS (Latin American Sports) -- Brings Puerto Rican and U.S. sports fans local coverage of the most popular sports from Puerto Rico, Cuba and Mexico. Live matches, and exclusive programming includes Puerto Rican Base Ball League, The National Superior Basketball and Volleyball, from Mexico the LMP Mexican Pacific Base Ball League and Cuban Baseball League, MX Promotion Soccer, wrestling, boxing, and more 24 hours daily.
- Multimedios -- TV shows directly from Mexico for the entire family, including children's, women's, reality, game shows, music, sports and news.
- Puerto Rico Network -- Offers premium programming for the whole family. A diverse schedule includes special events and sports exclusives, as well as news, culture, variety, lifestyle, original documentaries and miniseries.
- Semilitas -- "Totally en Espanol" for toddlers and preschoolers, Semilitas helps parents preserve language and cultural Hispanic values with exclusive, educational and entertaining content.
- SUR PERU -- the first channel with Peruvian programming from top Peruvian channels, including America TV, Frecuencia Latina, PAX Television, Peru TV and TV UNSA.
- Vme Kids -- Provides the best of worldwide children's entertainment with favorite, familiar friends in a trusted environment for parents and caregivers.
The iO en espanol package also includes:
| || |
The iO en espanol package is available to new subscribers starting at $8.95 per month to residential and commercial customers. Customers must subscribe to Broadcast Basic service and above as well as have a digital cable set-top box. In some areas a CableCARD may also be used. Existing iO en espanol customers interested in these new channels can call to upgrade to receive these channels. Interested customers can call 877-980-7636 to order or go to http://espanol.optimum.com/digital-cable-tv/international/espanol.jsp for additional information.
Cablevision's award-winning digital cable service, iO TV, offers customers access to hundreds of channels, including more than 50 premium movie channels, 46 channels of commercial-free digital music, thousands of titles available on demand at all times, an interactive programming guide, more than 120 free high-definition programming services and uniquely valuable and relevant local content through News 12, MSG Varsity and their companion interactive television applications.
Cablevision is now also offering Optimum Hispano to new customers. This unique combined service package brings together digital cable television, including iO en espanol; Optimum Online, offering incredibly fast Internet speeds; and Optimum Voice, which includes unlimited calling in the US, Canada and 11 Latin American countries and Spain, all for $29.95 each per month for one year. Optimum Hispano customers receive iO en espanol and free, unlimited calls to 11 Latin American countries and Spain for life, and free DVR service for one year. For more information on this package, please visit http://optimum.com/hispano.
Cablevision Systems Corporation (NYSE: CVC) is one of the nation's leading media and telecommunications companies. Its cable television operations provide a full suite of advanced communications services that include iO TV® digital television, Optimum Online® high-speed Internet, and Optimum Voice® digital voice, all over state-of-the-art cable systems that pass nearly 6 million households and businesses across the New York tri-state area and throughout four Western states. Cablevision's telecommunications properties also include its Optimum WiFi® wireless Internet, and its Optimum Lightpath® integrated business communications solutions. Cablevision serves the New York area with compelling local content through News 12 Networks, a local news leader; MSG Varsity, a suite of television and online services covering high school activities; and, Newsday Media Group, a business unit that includes Newsday, Long Island's leading daily newspaper, and amNewYork, the nation's most widely circulated free daily serving New York City. The company also owns and operates Clearview Cinemas throughout the New York tri-state area including the famed Ziegfeld Theatre, a frequent and historic venue for film premieres and events. Additional information about Cablevision is available on the Web at www.cablevision.com.
SOURCE Cablevision Systems Corporation