AUBURN HILLS, Mich., Jan. 13, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Customers looking to purchase the upcoming 2016 Cadillac ATS-V will have the option of Recaro performance luxury seats. The hand-crafted seats will have leather and perforated Miko® suede trim covers, top stitching and integrated headrests with sportive cutouts. Cadillac provided a first look at the Recaro seats at the Nov. 18, 2014 unveiling of the 2016 ATS-V in Los Angeles.
"Cadillac wanted to set a new bar with the ATS-V. With the development of the Recaro seats for the vehicle, we exceeded Cadillac's standards for comfort and performance to meet its vision of a vehicle that is a confident track performer, as well as a refined daily driver," said Recaro Automotive Seating North America General Manager Emil Kreycik. "The seats' comfort surpasses the expectations for luxury touring sedans while meeting the unique driving needs of a sport-performance car – making them equally ideal for both normal, daily driving situations and for feeling the full rush of the ATS-V's adrenaline-inducing power and handling."
The seat's performance design features:
- Perforated Miko® suede inserts, which help hold body position during turning maneuvers and improve air circulation.
- A deep seat cushion pocket, which helps to reduce hip and forward body movement during braking maneuvers.
- Steel-reinforced back and seat cushion bolsters with firm foam that helps maintain the occupant's optimum body positioning.
- Recaro-optimized ergonomics for inspired comfort and support.
- Fourteen-way power adjustable driver and passenger seats.
- Driver and passenger heated seats
- Advanced pneumatically adjustable lumbar support, back and thigh bolstering.
- Dual pneumatic adjustable lumbar support.
- Advanced driver's seat position memory system.
"The driver seat has an advanced memory system that includes both mechanics and the pneumatic settings, power back and thigh bolsters, which is new for the 2016 Cadillac ATS-V," said Kreycik. "Additionally, two pneumatic bladders in the power, adjustable system bring customized lumbar support to a new level for customers."
Recaro Automotive Seating
Recaro Automotive Seating is a product business unit of Johnson Controls. At eight locations in Germany, Poland, Slovakia, Japan, Mexico and the USA the company designs, manufactures and markets complete seats representative of the core competencies design, ergonomics, craftsmanship, robustness, lightweight construction and high-class workmanship under the brand name Recaro. Recaro Automotive Seating consists of two units: While Recaro Car Seating offers passenger car seats for OEMs and the aftermarket, Recaro Commercial Vehicle Seating focuses on commercial vehicle seats in the OEM and aftermarket segments.
SOURCE Recaro Automotive Seating