CHARLOTTE, N.C., Jan. 21, 2016 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP, a leading counselor to global financial institutions and corporations, will be hosting a complimentary seminar on antitrust enforcement, policy changes, white collar matters and recent government enforcement actions in the financial, energy, health care and pharmaceutical industries.
The event will take place on Wednesday, January 27, 2016, at 2:00 PM at The Westin Charlotte, with a reception to follow at 5:00 PM.
Speakers will include:
- Jodi L. Avergun, Partner, White Collar Defense & Investigations Group, and former Chief of Staff of the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration, and Assistant U.S. Attorney in the Eastern District of New York.
- Joseph J. Bial, Partner, Antitrust Group, Ph.D. in Economics, who focuses on grand jury investigations and follow-on civil class action lawsuits.
- Andrew J. Forman, Partner, Antitrust Group, formerly worked for the FTC's Bureau of Competition (Mergers I), where he helped lead antitrust investigations in large mergers and acquisitions.
- Mark R. Haskell, Partner, Energy & Commodities Group, with more than 30 years of experience advising clients on energy regulatory matters related to the FERC and CFTC.
- Paul J. Pantano, Jr., Head of Cadwalader's Energy & Commodities Group, and former trial attorney in the Division of Enforcement of the CFTC.
- Charles F. ("Rick") Rule, Head of Cadwalader's Antitrust Group, co-chair of the firm's Litigation Department, and former Assistant Attorney General in charge of the DOJ's Antitrust Division.
- Anne M. Tompkins, Partner, White Collar Defense & Investigations Group, and former United States Attorney for the Western District of North Carolina (Charlotte).
- Kenneth L. Wainstein, Chair of the firm's White Collar Defense and Investigations Group, and former Homeland Security Advisor to President George W. Bush, and former Chief of Staff to Director Robert Mueller, Federal Bureau of Investigation.
For more information about the event, please click here.
About Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP, established in 1792, serves a diverse client base, including many of the world's leading financial institutions and corporations in more than 50 countries. With offices in New York, London, Charlotte, Washington, Houston, Beijing, Hong Kong and Brussels, Cadwalader offers legal expertise in antitrust, banking, corporate finance, corporate governance, energy, environmental, executive compensation, financial restructuring, health care, intellectual property, litigation, mergers and acquisitions, private equity, private wealth, real estate, regulation, securitization, structured finance, tax and white collar defense. For more information, visit www.cadwalader.com.
SOURCE Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP