NEW YORK, April 30, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The Financial Restructuring practice of Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP (Cadwalader), today publicly launched its "Restructuring Review," a premier blog providing commentary on rulings, ongoing cases, breaking news and other issues in the world of restructuring, bankruptcy and insolvency. "Restructuring Review" provides keen insight into current global transactions and litigation matters through the voice of experienced professionals in the firm's Financial Restructuring practice.
"'Restructuring Review' allows Cadwalader's leading Financial Restructuring professionals to share their views and expertise on current events and legal cases in the world of restructuring, bankruptcy and insolvency. Visitors to the site will find case studies, commentary, legal analysis and insightful opinions on the sector's most important decisions and developing events," said John J. Rapisardi of Cadwalader.
A sampling of recent blog entries include:
- Ongoing coverage of RadLAX Gateway Hotel, LLC v. Amalgamated Bank, including summaries on the pertinent points raised in the briefs submitted to the U.S. Supreme Court, observations from on-the-scene coverage of the April 23rd oral arguments, and the Financial Restructuring team's expectations on how the Court will rule.
- A summary and analysis of a recent decision from the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware holding that states do not have sovereign immunity against Section 544 avoidance actions.
- A practitioner's guide to resolving late claims.
- Case studies examining structured dismissals and a discussion on how and when structured dismissals are used by chapter 11 participants.
- Analysis of recent issues arising in Chapter 9 cases.
- A range of related topics spanning MF Global, Madoff, and online gaming.
The blog can be found at www.restructuringreview.com
The partners representing Cadwalader's Financial Restructuring practice work closely with clients in developing bankruptcy sensitive products and structuring corporate, commercial, and securities transactions to preserve and enhance value. Possessing significant cross-border expertise, the team represents secured and unsecured lenders, bondholders, creditors' committees, borrowers, asset purchasers, and other entities involved in financial restructuring transactions or reorganization cases. The group has been at the forefront of many of the largest and most complex recent US and international insolvencies and routinely advises clients with interests in North America, Europe, Asia, Latin America and Africa.
About Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP, established in 1792, is one of the world's leading international law firms, with offices in New York, London, Charlotte, Washington, Houston, Beijing, Hong Kong and Brussels. Cadwalader serves a diverse client base, including many of the world's top financial institutions and corporations, undertaking business in more than 50 countries. The firm offers legal expertise in antitrust, banking, business fraud, corporate finance, corporate governance, energy, environmental, financial restructuring, healthcare, intellectual property, litigation, mergers and acquisitions, private equity, private wealth, real estate, regulation, securitization, structured finance, and tax. More information about Cadwalader can be found at www.cadwalader.com.
SOURCE Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP