LAS VEGAS, Aug. 3, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- In an earlier era, Bacchanal at Caesars Palace represented the decadence of a Roman feast set within a fine dining atmosphere; before closing in 2000, the restaurant became famous for bringing Caesars Palace-style entertainment to the gourmet experience. Next month, Bacchanal will make its return to Caesars Palace as the new $17 million Bacchanal Buffet: a 21st century adaptation which will serve up an over-the-top feast created by a team of master chefs, offering the most variety on the Las Vegas Strip. Bacchanal Buffet will feature more than 500 items from classic favorites such as made-to-order omelets, the freshest seafood and roasted meats like prime rib to cutting edge, regional comfort food like breakfast pizzas, red velvet pancakes, wood fired Neapolitan pizzas and Chinese dim sum, even roasted South Carolina shrimp and grits.
To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please click http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/caesars-palace-las-vegas-to-debut-the-all-new-bacchanal-buffet-scheduled-to-open-early-september-2012-164854686.html
Known as a culinary capital and home to many top chefs from around the world, visitors look to Las Vegas to set the new trends in dining, and Bacchanal Buffet at Caesars Palace will usher in a new era for the modern buffet. "The Bacchanal Buffet design will set this restaurant apart from all other buffets in Las Vegas," said Gary Selesner, regional president of Caesars Palace, the Rio All-Suite Hotel & Casino and Caesars Entertainment's Las Vegas Operations. "The extraordinary modern and international design by world famous restaurant designer Super Potato will offer guests an eye-catching, fun and entertaining, contemporary dining experience with an incredible variety of quality selections cooked by talented chefs before the guests' eyes at nine show kitchens."
The 25,000 square-foot homage to eating will feature seating for 600 guests in a unique design canvas of glass, wood and steel, incorporating a modern aesthetic of clean lines, natural recycled and reclaimed materials, and a priceless view of the property's world famous Garden of the Gods pool complex.
Bacchanal Buffet will showcase a team of master chefs led by executive chef Scott Green, including an award winning pastry chef, and progressive presentations featuring individually-plated items, small plates, numerous cooking stations, and a staggering dessert display. With chefs front-and-center at Bacchanal Buffet, visitors will be awed by not only the vast choices, but the freshness of the food, and overall innovative design of the space.
The Bacchanal Buffet will be additive to the culinary tradition of Caesars Palace that began with Spago and Mesa Grill, and continued with favorites such as Payard Patisserie & Bistro, Rao's and Restaurant Guy Savoy along with the recent additions of Central Michel Richard and Old Homestead and in late 2012 the highly-anticipated arrivals of Nobu Restaurant and Gordon Ramsay Pub & Grill.
Bacchanal Buffet will set the new standard for the Las Vegas buffet:
- 9 Show Kitchens under one roof
- Mexican – featuring freshly made enchiladas, tortillas and sopapillas
- Italian – Pastas, baked lasagna, antipasto display
- Chinese – Made-to-order assorted soups, wok-fried dishes and dim sum
- Japanese – Fresh sushi, sashimi, cooked fish
- American – BBQ house-smoked meats from a wood-burning smoker and wood-burning grill; numerous carving stations including prime rib, brisket, rotisserie chicken and more
- Seafood – Fresh East and West Coast oysters, king crab, snow crab, stone crab, mussels and prawns
- Pizza – Varieties of pizzas served fresh from a wood-burning oven
- Deli – Soups, cheeses, 7 charcuterie selections including house specialties and individual, prepared and make-your-own salads
- Dessert – Chocolate, vanilla and pistachio souffles baked to order, selection of gelato, sorbets and creme brulee
- Each will have an action station, plated dishes and "minis"
- Majority of cooking will be executed in front of guests by interactive chef
- Abundant Food Choices – more than 500 food items in total
- Dinner – More than 300 items
- Breakfast – More than 95 items
- Pastry – An additional 115 pastry items available during dinner
- Bread – More than 20 different varieties of fresh-baked bread and rolls
- Soups – More than 10 daily soups, many of which will rotate daily
- Cheeses – 7 farmstead American cheeses available year-round with 3 changing seasonally
- Unique buffet items
- Fresh tortillas
- Crepes made-to-order
- House-smoked barbecue ribs and brisket
- Vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free options
- Oyster shucking
- Private dining room, wedding & event space
- Design Elements
- Japanese firm Super Potato - renowned for acclaimed international style restaurant, hotel and spa designs at many Shangri-La, Hyatt, Park Hyatt and other Five Star Hotels located in world capitals
- Super Potato specializes in open kitchen buffet-style restaurants including: Cafe Too at Island Shangri-la Hotel in Hong Kong, Straits Cafe at the Grand Hyatt in Singapore and Made in China at the Grand Hyatt in Beijing
- 7 different table formats surrounded by 10 varying chair designs, upholstered in 17 different fabrics
- 3,607 glass jars filled with colorful spices and complementary food products on the walls and framing the show kitchens
- 16,027 bowls, plates, glasses, jars and kitchen small wares in a variety of colors as one more decorative element
- Open daily 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Breakfast: $19.99
- Lunch: $24.99
- Seafood featured Dinner: $39.99
- Available within the Caesars Entertainment Buffet of Buffet pass for a $10 supplemental charge
Visit the Pulse of Vegas Blog (http://www.PulseofVegasBlog.com/) for the latest on Bacchanal Buffet including stories, recipes, photos, chef profiles and more, updated weekly.
To download hi-res Bacchanal Buffet food photography please visit the digital media center: caesars.thedigitalcenter.com
SOURCE Caesars Palace Las Vegas