ATLANTA, Nov. 3, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Travelport, the business services provider to the global travel industry, today announces a long term renewal with Denver-based Cain Travel. Under the terms of the agreement, Travelport will continue to serve as Cain Travel's travel technology partner and provide access to travel content including air, hotel, car rental and cruise lines via its Apollo platform. The agreement also provides Cain Travel with a live version of the industry-leading Travelport Universal Desktop.
This makes Cain Travel the first of Travelport's U.S. customers to benefit from the ground-breaking application which streamlines the travel booking process within a single, powerful platform. Through Travelport Universal Desktop, Cain Travel will now gain access to advanced desktop functionality including the ability to seamlessly combine all components of the travel itinerary and centrally manage profile and policy information, all within the highly configurable desktop.
Travelport Universal Desktop represents the next-generation in travel agency desktops, providing travel agents with an intuitive interface and access to multi-source content and pricing. It is designed to improve efficiencies and boost productivity, through its introduction of clever travel management tools and streamlined workflow processes
The agreement also provides Cain Travel with several industry leading solutions including:
- Travelport e-Pricing™, to ensure travelers have the most advanced tools for shopping low fares;
- Travelport Universal API, the GDS industry's first application programming interface (API) that offers the power and capacity to aggregate travel content and related services from multiple sources through a single interface;
- Galileo Web Services, a Web Services solution enabling fast and efficient interface with Apollo and the exchange of structured data; and
- Travelport Rapid Reprice™, an automated ticket repricing product.
Michael Cain, president, Cain Travel said, "Travelport is well positioned to deliver the most diverse set of content to us and our customer base. The introduction of both the Travelport Universal API and Travelport Universal Desktop provides us with the opportunity to simplify our entire operation and deliver a much more tailored shopping experience to our customers."
Added Cain, "Travelport's flexible product suite, including its Web Services functionality and new Universal API fit perfectly with Cain Travel's continuing development approach. Throughout our 30-year history with Travelport, they have consistently provided solutions that simplify our business, and allow us to deliver an extensive set of purchasing options to our customers."
Scott Hyden, vice president sales, U.S. and Canada for Travelport said, "As a 30-year, long standing partner, we are particularly pleased to see Cain Travel serve as our first customer in the U.S. region to test Travelport Universal Desktop."
For more information on Travelport Universal Desktop, please visit: www.travelportuniversaldesktop.com.
Notes to Editors:
Travelport Universal Desktop is currently being launched across the Flight Centre global network following a successful pilot program. UK travel management company, Global Travel Management has also just commenced accessing a live version following its own successful beta trial along with six other travel agencies in Asia-Pacific region.
Some of Travelport Universal Desktop's key features include:
- Multi-source content through a single application – Agents will be able to shop and buy content from their own sourced content, the web, supplier-direct connections, low-cost carriers, rail operators and GDS content – all through a single application.
- Multiple itinerary selections priced at once – Using the advanced Price Mixer feature, agents will be able to create itineraries that price multiple trip components at once from different suppliers and varying classes of travel to save time and improve productivity.
- Travelport Universal Profile – This advanced profiling system will enhance workflows and customer relationship management (CRM) capabilities. Agents will be able to centrally manage profiles and policies to eliminate dependence on multiple systems.
- Travelport Universal Record – A Super PNR will combine all trip segments, regardless of where or how a booking occurred. Shopping and booking across multiple sources will be integrated for real-time quality control, database services and back-office reporting.
About Travelport (www.travelport.com)
Travelport is a broad-based business services company and a leading provider of critical transaction processing solutions to companies operating in the global travel industry.
With a presence in 160 countries, approximately 3,500 employees and reported 2010 revenues of $2.3 billion, Travelport is comprised of the global distribution system (GDS) business, which includes the Galileo and Worldspan brands and its Airline IT Solutions business, which hosts mission critical applications and provides business and data analysis solutions for major airlines.
Travelport also owns approximately 48% of Orbitz Worldwide (NYSE: OWW), a leading global online travel company. Travelport is a private company owned by The Blackstone Group, One Equity Partners, Technology Crossover Ventures, and Travelport management.
Follow Travelport on Twitter at http://twitter.com/Travelport
For media enquiries, please contact:
Senior Director, Corporate Communications
P: 1 973 9391325