SCOTTSDALE, Ariz., July 9, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Axon (Nasdaq: AAXN), the global leader in connected law enforcement technologies, and its subsidiary Axon Public Safety Canada Inc., today announced that Alberta's Calgary Police Service (CPS), a Major Cities Chiefs Association member, plans to roll out Axon Body 2 cameras backed by the digital evidence management system, Evidence.com. The order was received in the second quarter of 2018 and will deploy in multiple phases based on a successful 100 camera proof of concept, which will deploy by the end of July. Calgary is the 44th major city in North America to join the Axon Network.
All cameras are backed by Axon's Technology Assurance Plan with unlimited storage on Evidence.com services. Axon was selected as the preferred vendor for CPS after undergoing a request for proposal (RFP) process. In February 2018, CPS began hands-on testing with Axon and two other shortlisted vendors before making their decision.
"Our experience with some of the largest cities in the world along with our Evidence.com platform will help the efforts of the Calgary Police Service to create a safe, transparent, accountable and innovative policing environment," says Axon's Managing Director, Canada & Latin America, Vishal Dhir. "We believe this will not only help CPS in their community, but can also serve as a model for other Canadian agencies."
Axon is a network of devices, apps, and people that helps law enforcement become smarter and safer. Our mission is to Protect Life. Our technologies give law enforcement the confidence, focus, and time they need to keep their communities safe. Our products impact every aspect of an officer's day-to-day experience:
- In the field - Our Smart Weapons offer a less-lethal intermediate use of force response and our body-worn and in-car cameras collect video evidence to capture the truth of an incident, and our mobile applications enable simple evidence collection.
- At the station - Our secure, cloud-based digital evidence management solution allows officers and command staff to manage, review, share, and process digital evidence using forensic, redaction, transcription, and other tools.
- In the courtroom - Our solutions for prosecutors make collaborating across jurisdictions and agencies easy so that cases can be resolved quickly.
We work hard for those who put themselves in harm's way for all of us. To date, there are more than 226,900 software seats booked on the Axon Network around the world and more than 200,000 lives and countless dollars have been saved with the Axon Network of devices, apps and people. Learn more at https://ca.axon.com or by calling (800) 978-2737.
Facebook is a trademark of Facebook, Inc. and Twitter is a trademark of Twitter, Inc.
Axon, Axon Body 2, Evidence.com, Axon Network, TASER, the "Delta Logo," and "Protect Life" are trademarks of Axon Enterprise, Inc., some of which are registered in the US and other countries. For more information, visit www.axon.com/legal. All rights reserved.
Follow Axon here:
- Axon on Twitter: https://twitter.com/axon_canada
- Axon on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Axon.ProtectLife/
Note to Investors
Please visit http://investor.axon.com, https://www.axon.com/press, www.twitter.com/axon_us and https://www.facebook.com/Axon.ProtectLife/ where Axon discloses information about the company, its financial information and its business.
Visit our Investor Relations Safe Harbor Statement at: http://investor.axon.com/safeHarbor.cfm