SACRAMENTO, Calif., April 25, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- The California Travel & Tourism Commission (CTTC) is launching an eight-week sweepstakes to encourage everyone to "Live Like a Californian," with once-in-a-lifetime prize packages that will let winners do just that. Each grand prize includes round-trip flights for four, three nights' lodging, a rental car and a destination experience themed around one of the eight Californian innovators and icons featured in the campaign.
"Travelers from all over the world seek California's lifestyle," said Caroline Beteta, CTTC president & CEO. "Our 'Live like a Californian' contest will let eight lucky winners fulfill their dreams, living like – and in some cases, meeting – the celebrities and pioneers who reflect the state's unique attitude and spirit."
The sweepstakes, which launches today, will also award weekly prizes, including round-trip flights, courtesy of Travelocity and $250 California-branded Visa cards.
Hollywood icon Betty White; surfing legend Jack O'Neill; musician Jason Mraz, extreme skier Glen Plake and Chef Roy Choi are among those who will be featured during each successive week.
Some of the "money can't buy" experiences include:
- Betty White, Hollywood – go behind-the-scenes with Betty on the set of her hit series "Hot in Cleveland."
- Jason Mraz, San Diego – get the star treatment with a chauffeured ride and tickets to Jason's show, then meet him backstage!
- Kevin Rafferty, Disneyland – experience the magic of Disneyland with a tour of the Imagineering studio with senior concept writer Kevin Rafferty, and then go park-hopping.
- Glen Plake, Mammoth – hit the slopes with Glen before the mountain opens, then enjoy apres ski happy hour during a private luxury snowcap tour of the back country.
- Frank Almeda, San Francisco – take a private tour with Frank of the "Living Roof" and the California Academy of Sciences capped with a picnic lunch and dinner in the Moss Room with menus by famous San Francisco chefs.
- Roy Choi, Los Angeles – go behind the scenes of LA's hottest street food – Kogi BBQ – with Roy, followed by a tasting tour of his favorite LA eateries.
- Jack O'Neill, Santa Cruz – tour O'Neill headquarters where you'll be outfitted with O'Neill gear, then go surfing (or take lessons) with an O'Neill pro.
- Randy Lewis, Napa – join Randy for a private tasting and picnic at Lewis Cellars in Napa Valley, followed by a spin around the track at Infineon Raceway.
The sweepstakes will be featured on www.visitcalifornia.com/sweepstakes, which will give entrants an overview of the promotion, along with weekly prize overviews and the weekly featured grand prize. Each weekly quiz will be themed around the featured Californian and include a bio, along with four questions to be answered for bonus entries. Duplicate quiz functionality will be found on CTTC's Facebook page, with a preliminary step to 'Like' Visit California in order to access the quiz. Upon submission of the entry form, the user will be invited to 'Share' with Facebook for an additional bonus entry.
For more information on the "Live like a Californian" sweepstakes, friend us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/VisitCA and follow us on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/CATourism for the latest contest details.
About CTTC: CTTC is a non-profit organization with a mission to develop and maintain marketing programs – in partnership with the state's travel industry – that keep California top-of-mind as a premier travel destination. According to CTTC, travel and tourism expenditures total $87.7 billion annually in California, support jobs for 881,000 Californians and generate $5.3 billion in state and local tax revenues. For more information about CTTC and for a free California Visitor's Guide, go to www.VisitCalifornia.com.
SOURCE California Travel & Tourism Commission