BETHESDA, Md., Sept. 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Do you know a mom who deserves to be recognized and awarded for all that she does? From traveling youth sports groups to reunions to summer vacations, Residence Inn by Marriott hosts families year round. To extend its appreciation of family travel and recognize moms for all that they do, the brand is launching Resident Mom Honors today via its Facebook page.
From now until October 15, everyone is invited to nominate a special mom or mother figure they know for a Resident Mom Honors award in 10 different categories. A grand prize winner in each category will receive a $500 Visa® gift card. Nominators of the 10 grand prize winners will each receive a $100 Visa® gift card.
The 10 Resident Mom Honors categories are:
1. MILITARY MOM: Moms who have served in the military, are currently serving, or are wives or mothers of military personnel
2. THE MAESTRO: Single moms who take the lead as the primary caregiver to raise their children
3. SPECIAL NEEDS SUPERSTAR: Moms of special needs children, or teachers or caretakers of special needs kids
4. CEO OF FAMILY AFFAIRS: Moms who work full-time in the home
5. HUMANITARI-MOM: Philanthropic moms who give back to their community or causes close to their heart
6. MOM-PRENEURS: Entrepreneurial moms who launched and/or run their own business
7. GOLD MEDAL MOM: Athletic moms or mothers who are committed to their own little budding athletes
8. THE JUGGLER: Working moms succeeding at the age-old challenge: balancing a career and their children
9. CAREGIVER MOM: Moms who have expanded the notion of "family," such as foster moms; moms caring for aging parents or other relatives in need; moms who are serving as legal guardians
10. OTHER: Is there a parent in your life who doesn't fit any of the above categories? What makes them special?
Nominators are asked to visit the Resident Mom Honors page, upload a photograph of the mom who they think deserves to win, and provide a brief summary of why the nominee is worthy of the award. Five finalists within each category will be selected, and the public will determine the grand prize winners by voting from October 25-31.
"We are excited to recognize incredible moms and mother figures across the country," said Diane Mayer, vice president and global brand manager, Residence Inn. "Many families choose to stay at Residence Inn hotels, so we get to witness firsthand just how devoted and selfless parents can be. Resident Mom Honors provides the perfect opportunity to thank a mom in your life for all that she does."
Resident Mom Honors, supported by the brand's Family Travel Talk Facebook forum, is the latest initiative from Residence Inn by Marriott, following the brand's Moms' Month activities in May 2013 and the announcement of celebrity chef and lifestyle entrepreneur Cat Cora as the 2013 Resident Mom of the Year. The brand recently launched its Family Travel Talk forum to provide an online platform for families to discuss, ask questions about and provide tips on travel. With spacious suites featuring full kitchens, complimentary hot breakfast, laundry facilities and free grocery delivery, Residence Inn is the perfect solution for travel that makes parents' lives easier.
With more than 600 properties in the United States, Canada, Europe, the Middle East and Central America, Residence Inn by Marriott is the leader in the extended-stay lodging segment. Designed for long stays, the brand offers spacious suites with separate living and sleeping areas. Fully functional kitchens, grocery delivery, 24-hour markets and complimentary breakfast help guests maintain a healthy balance while on the road. Complimentary Wi-Fi allows guests to stay connected to the home and office, while health and fitness options and inviting lobby spaces provide comfortable places to work and relax.
Residence Inn participates in the company's award-winning Marriott Rewards® frequent travel program that allows members to earn hotel points or airline miles for every dollar spent during each stay. For more information or reservations, call the Residence Inn toll-free number at 800-331-3131 or visit www.residenceinn.com. For travel tips, the latest on the brand or to connect with other travelers, "like" Residence Inn on Facebook: www.facebook.com/residenceinn and follow Residence Inn on Twitter: www.twitter.com/residenceinn.
Visit Marriott International, Inc. (NYSE: MAR) for company information. For more information or reservations, please visit our website at www.marriott.com, and for the latest company news, visit www.marriottnewscenter.com.
SOURCE Residence Inn by Marriott