NEW YORK, Dec. 13, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Resort wear, home goods, furniture and more are being offered at prices ranging from 25% to 50% off retail as luxury chain Calypso St. Barth liquidates all its stores. Tiger Group and Great American Group are supervising the going-out-of-business sales at 16 boutiques in New York, Georgia, Massachusetts, Colorado, California, Florida, Arizona, Maryland and South Carolina (sale addresses below).
Valued at a total of $15 million, the inventory is drawn from 25 Calypso St Barth's boutiques, nine of which have already closed for good; the remaining 16 stores will be shuttered at the close of the liquidation process. Seven additional U.S. locations were previously closed. Calypso St. Barth filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy protection on Nov. 29, 2017, in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court, District of New Jersey (Case No.: 17-32231 (VFP)).
Founded on the Caribbean island of Saint Barthélemy in 1992, Calypso St. Barth is well known as a luxury lifestyle brand with an international following. Its colorful boutiques are located in some of the most affluent neighborhoods, resort towns and central business districts in the country, said Tiger Group Director Ryan Davis.
"They're filled with exotic and resort-inspired merchandise—things like dip-dyed caftans, cashmere cardigans, Moroccan-print pillows and curated pieces by international designers," he said. "For discerning buyers, these sales represent an extraordinary value opportunity. The timing also happens to be ideal, as now is the time of year when so many travelers start planning their annual winter getaways."
The available women's apparel and accessories (along with some collections for girls) include dresses, skirts, tops, sweaters, jackets and outerwear, as well as pants, shorts, denim, swimwear, loungewear, purses and underpinnings.
The liquidation sales include the retailer's inventories of home furnishings such as throws, rugs and natural textiles by contemporary American and European designers, as well as traditional artisan goods from countries such as India and Brazil.
Lastly, store furniture and fixtures are also on offer as part of the liquidation process, Davis noted.
For more information on the ongoing GOB sales, visit https://www.tigergroup.com/calypso-liquidation/.
Calypso St. Barth liquidation events are currently being conducted at the following locations:
- 2502 Camelback Rd., Phoenix, AZ
- 2229 Larkspur Landing Circle, Larkspur, CA (Marin)
- 3835 Cross Creek Rd., Ste 10, Malibu, CA
- 1014E Coast Village Rd., Santa Barbara, CA (Montecito)
- 225 26Th Street, Santa Monica, CA (Brentwood)
- 105 Fillmore St., Suite, 106 Denver, CO
- 358 San Lorenzo Ave, Ste 1220, Coral Gables, FL (Merrick Park)
- 140 University Town Center Drive, Suite 239, Sarasota, FL
- 1170 Howell Mill Rd., Ste 111, Atlanta, GA
- 33 Boylston St., Ste 3315, Boston, MA (Chestnut Hill Square)
- 114 Newbury Street, Boston, MA
- 4810 Bethesda Ave #24, Bethesda, MD (Bethesda Row)
- 900 Madison Avenue, New York, NY
- 24 Jobs Lane, Southampton, NY
- 123-3 Main Street, Westhampton Beach, NY
- 234 King Street, Charleston, SC
SOURCE Tiger Group