WOODCLIFF LAKE, N.J., Sept. 26, 2011 /PRNewswire/ --
- Syncsort, a global leader in data integration acceleration and data protection software solutions, today announced that Campbell Alliance, a leading management consulting firm specializing in the pharmaceutical and biotech industry, has improved efficiency of its backup operations and modernized its data protection and recovery with the NetApp® Syncsort Integrated Backup (NSB) solution.
- Since implementing NSB, the company has reduced backup times by 50 percent, and has successfully increased the frequency and duration of backups made to disk by maximizing the efficiencies provided by the solution's snapshot and deduplication technologies.
- Campbell Alliance required a solution that could significantly reduce daily file-level backup times - which averaged 12 to 15 hours - without hindering server performance. The company's previous solution was resulting in too many valuable IT resources being spent on backup administration due to an inefficient, overly complex backup process. Additionally, Campbell Alliance realized that the costs no longer justified the value the solution provided as the cost of maintaining and upgrading the existing backup software grew.
- During Campbell Alliance's acquisition period with inVentiv Health, NSB helped the company's IT team migrate about 50 large mailboxes for new employees quickly and in real-time, allowing the team to meet the very aggressive timeline set for migration of email data between the two companies.
- NSB's advanced recovery features such as Instant Virtualization, Instant Access and Exchange Mailbox Recovery weighed heavily in Campbell Alliance's decision to select the solution for the company's backup and recovery needs.
- NSB uses NetApp Snapshot copies and replication technologies (SnapVault and SnapMirror) to accelerate data protection and recovery. This is coupled with NetApp storage efficiencies including deduplication which control storage utilization and reduce costs.
- "In conducting our due diligence around solutions for modernizing our data protection, we found that NSB's robust recovery capabilities, specifically its Exchange Mailbox Recovery and Instant Virtualization, were clearly differentiated and unmatched by any other solution," said Juan Granados, Director, Information Technology, Campbell Alliance. "The Exchange Mailbox Recovery greatly reduces complexity by eliminating the need to perform individual mailbox backups. NSB simply opens up the raw mailbox database file, allowing for the granularity to recover any mailbox item by just pointing and clicking it."
- "As today's business environment increasingly demands that IT departments provide real-time access to critical data, innovative companies such as Campbell Alliance are getting ahead of the curve and investing in modern data protection solutions that help them meet their SLAs, eliminate complexity, and keep costs contained," said Mike Kuehn, Vice President of Worldwide Channels, Syncsort. "In the event of an outage or unplanned event, NSB's patented Instant Virtualization and Instant Access capabilities ensure a rapid return to operations, often restoring data access to business users in just minutes."
- Video: Campbell Alliance's Juan Granados at VMworld 2011
- Enterprise Strategy Group: NetApp Modernizes Backup
- Best Practices for Addressing the Broken State of Backup
- NSB Product Demo Videos
- Top 5 Reasons to Use NSB
- NSB Solution Sheet
- Syncsort Data Protection Customer Success
- Follow Syncsort on Twitter
- Join the Syncsort Community on Facebook
Syncsort is a global software company that helps the world's most successful organizations rethink the economics of data. Syncsort provides record-setting data performance and rapid time to value through easy to use data integration and data protection solutions. With over 15,000 deployments, Syncsort has transformed decision making and delivered more profitable results to thousands of customers worldwide. For more information visit: www.syncsort.com.
NetApp is a registered trademark of NetApp, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries.
Kevin Ruane, Corporate Communications
T: +1 201 746 7061
E: [email protected]